Park City trip report

TangTonic

Nep status
Feb 24, 2011
Got back last weekend and thought I would give you all an update on how the trip went since I received so much valuable feedback on where to go for my family's first ever snowboarding trip.

I'll summarize with one word: STOCKED!!!

We got in around midnight last Saturday with a full moon lighting up the mountains. It had snowed the day prior so the powder was holding! Next day we had a lesson. All of us picked up the basics quick with my 10 year old pulling jumps by the end of the day.

Next day by lunch time we had it pretty dialed and were hitting the blues and pushing our limits on every run.

For the rest of the week our progression continued with a slight regression after a hard fall (only the aging parents regressed, the grom kept charging). On the last day we hit a couple black diamonds and the grom and I were launching off little ramps.

I must say it was an absolute blast! Can't believe I waited until I was 38 to finally try this, surf trips were always my focus. We had amazing weather the entire time. 40-50 deg highs and not a cloud to be seen. I'm sure others would say the conditions could have been better as far as fresh powder, but us newbies didn't know the difference.

I really liked Park city overall. Free bus system and free resort shuttle connect system. Super friendly people both locals and visitors. Tons of trails to explore and we seemed to have timed it right because during the week there was zero waiting for lifts. By the weekend it was pretty crowded but we were pretty wore out by then and had gotten our fill.

I would like to try Brighton or Snowbird next. Heard great things about those spots and seems like we could save some money by staying in Salt Lake City and then shuttling up the canyon. My son wants to do this every year now so now I gotta crack the code on how to do it more affordably and probably buy some boards and gear.

We concluded the trip with a visit to Woodward to watch the rippers hit the half pipe and terrain park. We also had a chance to skate their little concrete skatepark and that was quite fun although I missed the soft snow compared to that hard concrete! Everyone one working at Woodward was super nice which was our experience everywhere we went.

I gotta a lot of love for Utah now and can't wait to go back! Thanks for all the feedback, it was much appreciated.

STOCKED!!!

Bob

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2001
Oxnard
Got back last weekend and thought I would give you all an update on how the trip went since I received so much valuable feedback on where to go for my family's first ever snowboarding trip.

I'll summarize with one word: STOCKED!!!

We got in around midnight last Saturday with a full moon lighting up the mountains. It had snowed the day prior so the powder was holding! Next day we had a lesson. All of us picked up the basics quick with my 10 year old pulling jumps by the end of the day.

Next day by lunch time we had it pretty dialed and were hitting the blues and pushing our limits on every run.

For the rest of the week our progression continued with a slight regression after a hard fall (only the aging parents regressed, the grom kept charging). On the last day we hit a couple black diamonds and the grom and I were launching off little ramps.

I must say it was an absolute blast! Can't believe I waited until I was 38 to finally try this, surf trips were always my focus. We had amazing weather the entire time. 40-50 deg highs and not a cloud to be seen. I'm sure others would say the conditions could have been better as far as fresh powder, but us newbies didn't know the difference.

I really liked Park city overall. Free bus system and free resort shuttle connect system. Super friendly people both locals and visitors. Tons of trails to explore and we seemed to have timed it right because during the week there was zero waiting for lifts. By the weekend it was pretty crowded but we were pretty wore out by then and had gotten our fill.

I would like to try Brighton or Snowbird next. Heard great things about those spots and seems like we could save some money by staying in Salt Lake City and then shuttling up the canyon. My son wants to do this every year now so now I gotta crack the code on how to do it more affordably and probably buy some boards and gear.

We concluded the trip with a visit to Woodward to watch the rippers hit the half pipe and terrain park. We also had a chance to skate their little concrete skatepark and that was quite fun although I missed the soft snow compared to that hard concrete! Everyone one working at Woodward was super nice which was our experience everywhere we went.

I gotta a lot of love for Utah now and can't wait to go back! Thanks for all the feedback, it was much appreciated.

STOCKED!!!
"I gotta a lot of love for Utah"
"I gotta a lot of love for Park City" Just saying.

bruhdakine

Miki Dora status
Jul 7, 2003
PNW
Hell yeah sounds like a great trip! We went out there at the end of January for some grom shred competitions. It was the first time I'd been out there in a decade. Super fun but man those lift tickets are expensive! It was also super crowded when we were there as it was the first real pow days they'd had this year. But it was still super fun and I'm looking forward to getting back. And that Woodward is rad. I took my kids over there to shred one evening. So nice to have all the features condensed like that for maximum laps. And those skate / tramp facilities are amazing!