Parents with kids that surf...

TheEl

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 31, 2010
Yew xic phuck. The world is not one big padded room. Unless yew cray cray.

Driftcoast

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2002
This stuff is soy based so it’s touted as being environmentally ‘clean’.

I wonder if this KOOK knows how much petroleum goes into growing, processing and shipping soy products.

...bee wax cut with soy?

Don't care if people want to pay for it. Not me though

1598649228058.png

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
I've tried the organic stuff in the past, nearly all of them as I love to try different wax, and they always fail me. Not sticky enough or doesn't last or doesn't adhere to my board enough. My wax needs dinosaur blood in it. Ultimate sticky.

• Haha
Reactions: the janitor

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
man the 90's were so different than today's surf world. Blows my mind. Pain, rashes, cold, low level fear of older surfers etc...It was a little rougher, but you learned how to deal with so much discomfort, and even embrace it, and some of us anyway became stronger more confident surfers and people. Now? i don't know WTF. "Yew" surf wax for children? just take me out behind the barn and shoot me
Surfing was at its best when it was a counterculture activity(70s/80s). The “sport” of drug addicts, derelicts, and miscreants. Something parents tried to keep their kids from participating in.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
man the 90's were so different than today's surf world. Blows my mind. Pain, rashes, cold, low level fear of older surfers etc...It was a little rougher, but you learned how to deal with so much discomfort, and even embrace it, and some of us anyway became stronger more confident surfers and people. Now? i don't know WTF. "Yew" surf wax for children? just take me out behind the barn and shoot me
I hear this and I will wax their bikes and scooters.

Damn it I need to surf Trestles again just so I can wax the trail with Covid-Beware messages.

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
I hear this and I will wax their bikes and scooters.

Damn it I need to surf Trestles again just so I can wax the trail with Covid-Beware messages.
I guess a lot of us grew up in different times. As a teenager, my parents hated the fact that I was a surfer. I was one of those "no good, pot smoking deadbeats".

Surfing had a negative stigma. We were the bad guys. You didn't want to let your boss know that you were a surfer.

Now surfing is socially acceptable. Every yuppie, doctor, lawyer surfs and drives around in an Audi SUV with surf racks.

From bad to worse IMO. And pushing your kids into it. It's like Little League these days.

Surfing has been completely commercialized and pvssified.

Reactions: Duffy LaCoronilla

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
I guess a lot of us grew up in different times. As a teenager, my parents hated the fact that I was a surfer. I was one of those "no good, pot smoking deadbeats".

Surfing had a negative stigma. We were the bad guys. You didn't want to let your boss know that you were a surfer.

Now surfing is socially acceptable. Every yuppie, doctor, lawyer surfs and drives around in an Audi SUV with surf racks.

From bad to worse IMO. And pushing your kids into it. It's like Little League these days.

Surfing has been completely commercialized and pvssified.
To most people you might as well have been a Hell’s Angel or a heroin addict as a surfer bitd. Surf shops weren’t considered much better than XXX Bookstores.

Reactions: Leaverite

Leaverite

Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
To most people you might as well have been a Hell’s Angel or a heroin addict as a surfer bitd. Surf shops weren’t considered much better than XXX Bookstores.
I took my lumps as a kid and was good with it. It hurt me back in the 80's and early 90's. I paid the price. Now every fvcking commercial has some kind of fluff surfer.

Ruined....

Reactions: Chocki

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
I've tried the organic stuff in the past, nearly all of them as I love to try different wax, and they always fail me. Not sticky enough or doesn't last or doesn't adhere to my board enough. My wax needs dinosaur blood in it. Ultimate sticky.
You gotta eat it brau!

Leaverite

Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
I remember back in the 70's. Spent a whole afternoon surfing up at 4Mile. Coming home totally stocked. A really good day. Thinking about the good waves through the day.

Sitting down at the dinner table with my mom and dad. Happy and comfortable. and my mom says: "Why are your eyes so red??? Have you been smoking pot all day???" What do you do to that kind of attack? How do you explain the unexplainable to somebody who has already made thier mind up??? Fvck.... Kids are pampered little bitches these days.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
A little different in Hawaii, every body always surfed. It's always been a beach day family thing. My uncles, aunties, cousins, grandpa surfed. Cultural thing. The only thing difference is now everybody rides Wavestorms. So many Wavestorms every where.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
I took my lumps as a kid and was good with it. It hurt me back in the 80's and early 90's. I paid the price. Now every fvcking commercial has some kind of fluff surfer.

Ruined....
It was gonna happen inevitably. The surfer/beach lifestyle was too idyllic to be ignored by the marketing and advertising suits.

That being said Bob McKnight and every other surfer who tried to make a buck off surfing selling the lifestyle are equally to blame.

Leaverite

Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
A little different in Hawaii, every body always surfed. It's always been a beach day family thing. My uncles, aunties, cousins, grandpa surfed. Cultural thing. The only thing difference is now everybody rides Wavestorms. So many Wavestorms every where.
Your roots bro. My mom was a first grade school teacher. My dad was a PG&E control systems engineer. They were both so far away from surfing it wasn't even funny. They never got it. I perservered.

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
Wavestorms.. the Prius of the surfing world.

There is no place for them in the line up around here yet they are everywhere.

Leaverite

Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Wavestorms.. the Prius of the surfing world.

There is no place for them in the line up around here yet they are everywhere.
I am dissapointed by nature. Survival of the fittest. Sharks should be feeding wholeheartedly on this new, easy prey.

We just had the first, fatal shark attack in NorCenCal in years. Sandollar beach. The closest beach to where I lived for 20 years. Upper Manresa campground.

Club Ed. He operates his surf school of this exact, same beach. Dozens of flounders.
On a daily/weekly basis. Who is responsible for this? Propagating surfing, feeding the local small GW's...

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
...fear of older surfers etc...just take me out behind the barn and Yews me
I spent my life respecting my elders, and then get older and no one respect mAh Aw-Thor-It-Tay!
I think I'm not gonna reap my share of the Social Security ponzi scheme either.
At least wax and hard surfboards don't scare me, for the most part.