Parents with kids that surf...

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Don't expect your little princess/prince is going to get pref treament. Argue with me later...
Bwahahaha that sh!t is dead and gone. You are the last of the Mohicans.

the same clowns who used to give me sh!t as a grom now coddle the next Instagram influencer, well most do. I’ve noticed this all over. I tell kids all the time they have no clue how good they got it.

Reactions: Leaverite

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Bwahahaha that sh!t is dead and gone. You are the last of the Mohicans.

the same clowns who used to give me sh!t as a grom now coddle the next Instagram influencer, well most do. I’ve noticed this all over. I tell kids all the time they have no clue how good they got it.
You must like sharing. I do not...

Leaverite

Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Not really.

It’s just what’s surfing has become unfortunately and saying what it is.

Meanwhile I just stick to surfing alone and doing my own thing. I’m not showing up with a crew of anyone; never have never will.
Alone is getting so fvcking sparse these days. I salute you.

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
You can get alone beachbreaks somewhere in Monterey bay any day of the week just like you can get alone somewhere Pismo to Guad, between Arnolds and Ventura Harbor, TJ border to Coronado, etc. etc etc.

Leaverite

Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
My two nephews started as BMX'rs
Mountain bikers. My older nephew, Ben rancked in the top 10 NorCal CA at high school level. Now he wants to skate. Adam, his younger bro wants to surf.

Leaverite

Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
My two nephews started as BMX'rs
Mountain bikers. My older nephew, Ben rancked in the top 10 NorCal CA at high school level. Now he wants to skate. Adam, his younger bro wants to surf.
Potential.

Both of them have/had jobs. Ben at California Grill in Watsonville. Adam at Aptos BBQ. They are fvcked.

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
haha, I sent a skateboarder riding away today on a bluff. 3 clown morons were skating middle of the parking lot intersection holding up cars going out. Really stupid kids going around in circles at the exit during high traffic time when end of week blue collar types were leaving work. I pulled up to the stop sign and a kid threw his arms out and yelled "WTF" at me and wouldn't let up. So I got out of the car and with a big gnarly scabbed over V-shaped blood crusted wound on my head and a bloody circle wound behind it, asked him- "is there a fvcking problem we need to fix guy?". So I am currently pretty vulnerable and in zero condition to get punched or fight or do high physical exertion but he gave me sort of a double take and skateboarded away. That cracker-azz puzzy turned to be a vanilla azz wafer diaper boy. :jamon:

Leaverite

Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
haha, I sent a skateboarder riding away today on a bluff. 3 clown morons were skating middle of the parking lot intersection holding up cars going out. Really stupid kids going around in circles at the exit during high traffic time when end of week blue collar types were leaving work. I pulled up to the stop sign and a kid threw his arms out and yelled "WTF" at me and wouldn't let up. So I got out of the car and with a big gnarly scabbed over V-shaped blood crusted wound on my head and a bloody circle wound behind it, asked him- "is there a fvcking problem we need to fix guy?". So I am currently pretty vulnerable and in zero condition to get punched or fight or do high physical exertion but he gave me sort of a double take and skateboarded away. That cracker-azz puzzy turned to be a vanilla azz wafer diaper boy. :jamon:
Diaper Boy... We have used this discription in the past...

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
One thing nobody talks about Wavestorms is that they crumble a part leaving tiny chunks of plastic and styrofoam in the ocean.

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
To be fair poly boards do too but those wavestorms last like 2 seasons max with high usage
funny how it's sort of.a circle with those. Jaimi'O surfs the phuck out oft hose things:ban:

Leaverite

Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Back in the old days, If you had enough $$$ you could buy your kid a position. Maybe a liutenant. and then if he had the ballsack he could work his way up from that. British. You needed to nut up from the basics if you were an American.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
I guess a lot of us grew up in different times. As a teenager, my parents hated the fact that I was a surfer. I was one of those "no good, pot smoking deadbeats".

Surfing had a negative stigma. We were the bad guys. You didn't want to let your boss know that you were a surfer.

Now surfing is socially acceptable. Every yuppie, doctor, lawyer surfs and drives around in an Audi SUV with surf racks.

From bad to worse IMO. And pushing your kids into it. It's like Little League these days.

Surfing has been completely commercialized and pvssified.
Guessing you wouldn't be one of those parents who run their kid's Instagram for them? I've seen kids who really don't surf well at all but who's parents run Instas for them that make them look like the next KS.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
man the 90's were so different than today's surf world. Blows my mind. Pain, rashes, cold, low level fear of older surfers etc...It was a little rougher, but you learned how to deal with so much discomfort, and even embrace it, and some of us anyway became stronger more confident surfers and people. Now? i don't know WTF. "Yew" surf wax for children? just take me out behind the barn and shoot me
The 90s?

Get off my lawn!

• Haha
Reactions: keenfish and Subway

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Surfing was at its best when it was a counterculture activity(70s/80s). The “sport” of drug addicts, derelicts, and miscreants. Something parents tried to keep their kids from participating in.
Goddamn this x 1000.

We had to ditch school for swell and suffer the consequences. Now these little punks are homeschooled, show up during weekdays with filmers and coaches, and clog the lineups.