panda shiitake HP

Retropete

Miki Dora status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Do you think you're feeling the paddling benefits of the hull/chine portions of the tri hull maybe?

my anecdotal experience is that my wave catching became much easier when i started putting a little belly or v right in the entry, compared to concave from the nose back.
I also have a 7' CJ Nelson Outlier which has a rolled entry/bottom and it paddles like a slug in the flats compared to the 3 other boards I mentioned. Catches waves well enough though and has good speed on the wave if it has push.
The two tri-plane bottomed boards feel like hydronamic marvels paddling in the flats. The big DVS also feels excellent but it's comparing a 7'4" carbon/eps fish to a 5'10" eps/paulownia/flax fish and 5'8" eps/flax mini-Simmons so very apples to oranges.
A pump of the front foot on the 5'10" fish gives it crazy bursts of speed.

MrSteve

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 1, 2015
NJ
I also have a 7' CJ Nelson Outlier which has a rolled entry/bottom and it paddles like a slug in the flats compared to the 3 other boards I mentioned. Catches waves well enough though and has good speed on the wave if it has push.
The two tri-plane bottomed boards feel like hydronamic marvels paddling in the flats. The big DVS also feels excellent but it's comparing a 7'4" carbon/eps fish to a 5'10" eps/paulownia/flax fish and 5'8" eps/flax mini-Simmons so very apples to oranges.
A pump of the front foot on the 5'10" fish gives it crazy bursts of speed.
How's that Outlier paddle into the small stuff, like knee/ thigh? Picked up a used one, have yet to ride it.

chilly1

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 4, 2010
My Adreini Hull and Mandella Fish, which I think is also a rolled entry, both very noticeably pick up waves and feel like you are nearly being pulled forward.

Is anybody riding the Shtake? let's hear how it goes