Overheard in…. Politics edition

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
What have you overheard in relation to politics? What did that mean lefty soshilist in the table behind you say to its non binary comrades? What about the white supremacist right winger on the phone while pumping gas?

ill start….

overheard in fried chicken spot (among other hilarity’s): “joe Biden did more terrorism than the taliban”.

let’s see if I can get my first 20 pager on the politics forum :dancing:

Last edited:

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Ha!

I think I only hear any of that online or from the rants of the methed-out homeless.

Not sure who heard which first. It's the newfound chicken-or-egg debate. Also a bit of a Venn Diagram too I suspect.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
The craziest theories I overhear all end up being somewhat of the horseshoe effect; it doesn't matter how right or left they are, but they involve conspiracies and boogeymen

My wife's friend believes the HB oil spill was done on purpose for two reasons
1. To take scrutiny off Gavin's covid policies
2. To further the environmentalist agenda

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
The craziest theories I overhear all end up being somewhat of the horseshoe effect; it doesn't matter how right or left they are, but they involve conspiracies and boogeymen

My wife's friend believes the HB oil spill was done on purpose for two reasons
1. To take scrutiny off Gavin's covid policies
2. To further the environmentalist agenda
I love a good killing the village in order to save it action. Just like that one mine spill was an EPA conspiracy. Wait, your wife's friend isn't squidley, is it?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I love a good killing the village in order to save it action. Just like that one mine spill was an EPA conspiracy. Wait, your wife's friend isn't squidley, is it?
Either him or Bohter

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
The mine spill bit is full potato but PETA or someone did release like an absolute sh!t ton of mink or some other ferrety weasel that goes around mass-murdering sh!t in an act of eco-sabotage-terrorism or whatever.

I mean there's 7 billion people so even the most obscure sets, there's probably someone one missing red stapler from being told to step away from anything more dangerous than a childproof bottle of meds and stress ball.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Back in my younger days I, uh, associated with a group called the Earth Liberation Front.

Their “direct action” techniques went from stopping environmental destruction through illegal means, like disabling logging equipment, to causing environmental disasters like starting wild fires and sabotaging oil pipelines.

That’s when I stopped associating with the group.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Back in my younger days I, uh, associated with a group called the Earth Liberation Front.

Their “direct action” techniques went from stopping environmental destruction through illegal means, like disabling logging equipment, to causing environmental disasters like starting wild fires and sabotaging oil pipelines.

You should have been going to the proud boi meetings with ifal.

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site

Beat me to it. The ELF form of activism caused more harm to the environment than the actual projects they sabotaged.