Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
look at that little bump at the end....

hang on tight, girls!

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
We'll have to see if the upward trend continues, or if it's just a blip and flattened bump, then downturn again.

We can only hope. We can't go back to complete lockdown, or businesses will die more than the death rates.

Reactions: Ifallalot and afoaf

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
does anyone know if it went away like a miracle yet?
I’m expecting it to very soon
Now that numbers won’t be skewed by the cdc, and instead reported directly to the government, I’m expecting to see way better r numbers
It’s going to just disappear
Like a miracle
It’ll be unbelievable
No ones going to believe it’s true!

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
Now that numbers won’t be skewed by the cdc, and instead reported directly to the government, I’m expecting to see way better r numbers
Like a miracle
It’ll be unbelievable

at least now we will stop being lied too!:violin:

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Like a miracle
It’ll be unbelievable

it‘s going to be an even bigger miracle than anyone has ever seen before.....nobody thought it was possible......a lot of people are talking about it......the Democrats didn’t want the virus to go away.....its their new hoax......they want open borders and no more windows......did you know democrats.....I call them DEMOCRATS.....hate windows and they hate law endor but they love open borders and rapists.....but we’re going to put a stop to it......I’ll tell you my plan soon....believe me.....we’re building the wall and it’s even bigger than we anticipate.....rusha hoax china Hillary obamagate!!!

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
Over 250,000 people die EVERY month in the USA in a typical month, year in, year out.

That's over 8300 dead EVERY DAY of every month.
glee and GromsDad"s irony noted !! ) :)

9-11's deaths obscured by BLACK on BLACK violence !! )
and white on white and car wrecks ...

:)

This from a guy who reports daily, with glee, about people getting sick and dying.
:)

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
I'd have to say it's closer to 5% (but said maybe 10% as benefit of doubt, max).

I know they did a study in SD on the actual CV-19 ONLY deaths (no comorbidity at all) a month or so back. Out of something like 230 deaths designated as CV-19 (at that time), only 7 were actual CV-19 ONLY deaths. That in itself is only like barely 3% of CV-19 "designated" deaths.

THIS is the reason why......

I don't understand your insistence on deaths by co-morbidity. People can and do live for decades with a medical sword of Damocles hovering overhead. If covid-19 is pulling the trigger, then that seems a valid covid statistic.

Lance Mannion

Duke status
Mar 7, 2009
In Gods Country
I don't understand your insistence on deaths by co-morbidity. People can and do live for decades with a medical sword of Damocles hovering overhead. If covid-19 is pulling the trigger, then that seems a valid covid statistic.
It's not an invalid statistic, it's a factor that helps us respond properly.

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
There are a huge number of unresolved cases out there, much larger than the number that have resolved (when the patient either recovers or dies). Donnie BooBoo's proclamations of fewer deaths appear to be based on total cases in the denominator and total deaths in the numerator ON ANY GIVEN DAY, but total cases includes those that haven't resolved yet while total deaths are made up only of resolved cases.

Reactions: Kento

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois

Seriously. A friend at work has lupus, she's in her late 30s. If she got covid, it could be a death sentence for her.

Surfdog's assertion is "they were going to die anyway!!" is not only incorrect because many conditions are manageable, but it's immoral and disgusting.

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
That would be my wife. She has an autoimmune disease. Her disease won't kill her, just makes her painful most days. But she gets on with life, works in the garden, loves to cook, makes the most of it.

If she catches Covid, the doctors tell her it would be really bad for her.

Pretty disgusting how somebody could downplay her danger. Not want her counted.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
There are a huge number of unresolved cases out there, much larger than the number that have resolved (when the patient either recovers or dies). Donnie BooBoo's proclamations of fewer deaths appear to be based on total cases in the denominator and total deaths in the numerator ON ANY GIVEN DAY, but total cases includes those that haven't resolved yet while total deaths are made up only of resolved cases.
I don't know why this is so hard for people to fathom.