Osteoporosis prevention

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Barbell curls are on that list :roflmao: :roflmao:
I have to admit I do those…because I imagine that’s one of things girls look at. Of course it could be like surfing- I think it was Jamie Brisick years ago who said (I paraphrase)- guys think girls will be impressed if you’re ripping. Truth is, girls could care less. In truth surfing is sublimated homoeroticism- guys preening for guys.

I’ve been running twice a week- one 13 miler and one 4 miler. I also started doing the barbell work twice a week- once on Friday (I don’t surf on weekends anymore), and then depending on how bad my DOMs was, I either do the same or scale back on Tuesday. And then surfing 3 times a week. Thank yes to retirement.

I might be overtraining, but I have my annual physical in two weeks and am curious what all the work will do to my lab numbers….

Reactions: grapedrink

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
I have to admit I do those…because I imagine that’s one of things girls look at. Of course it could be like surfing- I think it was Jamie Brisick years ago who said (I paraphrase)- guys think girls will be impressed if you’re ripping. Truth is, girls could care less. In truth surfing is sublimated homoeroticism- guys preening for guys.

I’ve been running twice a week- one 13 miler and one 4 miler. I also started doing the barbell work twice a week- once on Friday (I don’t surf on weekends anymore), and then depending on how bad my DOMs was, I either do the same or scale back on Tuesday. And then surfing 3 times a week. Thank yes to retirement.

I might be overtraining, but I have my annual physical in two weeks and am curious what all the work will do to my lab numbers….
Girls like arms and shoulders. If you're filling out your t-shirt sleeves you're good enough to get a date without being successful first.

Reactions: PRCD

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Girls like arms and shoulders. If you're filling out your t-shirt sleeves you're good enough to get a date without being successful first.
Yeah, by now I shouldn't even be thinking about what girls like. I remember someone saying, "You know you're old when you become invisible to teenage girls." I've been invisible for a while now. The only girls I seem to attract are mental ill homeless ones. There's one in Santa Monica who, when she sees me running, yells "Why don't you relax?!" I saw her months later and out of the crowds of people at 3rd St. she yells at me, "Look at you with all that gray hair! Why don't you let it grow?"