Oregon sneakers

Rickoray

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2007
SOC CA
[img:center]http://www.runningshoesguru.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/original.jpg[/img]

I seriously didn't click this thread thinking it was going to be about Nike :bricks:

SeaFoamGreen

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 10, 2009
NorOR
Well when/if the LNG terminal goes in perhaps they will have an option to make a living and not risk their lives crossing the bar. Or the dredging might make it safer? That said, commercial fishing is a rush. I know having family in the business.... who are getting to old but just cant quit.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Something tells me building an LNG plant on a sand spit in a tsunami hazard zone isn't going to do much to make the local population safer. It would keep with our tradition of exporting our resources to Asia though.

ShiverMeTimbers

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Mar 21, 2006
Gig Harbor
www.peistcharters.com
Aruka said:
Something tells me building an LNG plant on a sand spit in a tsunami hazard zone isn't going to do much to make the local population safer. It would keep with our tradition of exporting our resources to Asia though.
Why do you hate liquefaction so much? ;)

I was talking with a Portland environmental consulting firm a few years ago, they were all jazzed about getting the LNG work. Not sure how many jobs the LNG plant would provide... they might just bring workers from somewhere else, as seems to be the deal with "Globalization"

SeaFoamGreen

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 10, 2009
NorOR
Not necessarily pro LNG despite having worked on multiple projects doing the base line research. Jordan Cove included. Despite the geographic location and associated risks seems to be moving forward. Dredging sediment transport EIS in motion.

kelly7873

Nep status
Jan 20, 2002
Honolulu
He was standing in wet smooth sand, it wasn't the first wave that washed up there. It wasn't a "sneaker" wave, they were just being stupid.

Q_Surf

Duke status
May 5, 2003
world's largest oregon
Autoprax said:
It's funny how when you surf you put yourself in way more gnarly situations getting in and out of the water.
yeah like the jetty comprised of car sized boulders covered in green slime, muscles, and urchins that we had to descend/ascend yesterday with critical timing, while carrying precious cargo.

Leaverite

Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Topping and updating the original link to help new forum software:

There was a surf warning around here today for exactly this. Small 3' - 4' long interval swell that was forecast to grow as the day went by. People get caught out by the sporadic bigger waves as the new swell starts to build in.

Icu812

Nep status
Jun 23, 2013
WEST of 101
Trees in rivers (strainers) are really bad, you think the river doesn't look so bad...I just heard about this from a friend at the beach yesterday as we talked about your leash getting caught on a rock. Apparently that's what happened here...leash caught on a strainer while SUPing in a river...gnarly.

Reactions: Leaverite

Leaverite

Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Trees in rivers (strainers) are really bad, you think the river doesn't look so bad...I just heard about this from a friend at the beach yesterday as we talked about your leash getting caught on a rock. Apparently that's what happened here...leash caught on a strainer while SUPing in a river...gnarly.
Winter 2017.

Aptos Creek....