Order of Operations. Morning Coffee

Morning Coffee

• New Filter, Water in Mr Coffee, Grind Beans, Press Button, Pour a Cup asap, additives and stir

• Remove old Filter. New Filter. Grind Coffee, Match Water. Press Button, additives f, Pour cup asap

• Boil water, Set Melita Filter in cone. Grind Beans, slow pour, additives and stir

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
Have been using a French press for almost 30 years (not the same one, mind you).
Grind up beans that morning and use filtered water.
Splash of oat milk, or recently, half-and-half.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Oh yeah been using this too. It's the only dairy substitute I like at all, and I actually like it in coffee. I tried the Laird stuff, crap. Every now and then I'll get heavy whipping cream as a treat...man do I LOVE that in coffee.
Have you tried "Not Milk". I still drink my coffee black but use it for a bunch of other things . Its the closest plant based product to real milk I've ever had. Especially when it comes to cooking with it. Sometimes I just drink a glass of it or make White Russians with it.

product-not-milk-feature.jpeg

Oatmilk is really tasty on its own, but it's just not the same as milk.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Correct and that’s how I like my fine roast- with some fat. That’s breakfast. I don’t even start thinking about food until noon, after a few cups of Peruvian, each with a good dollop of heavy cream.

good black coffee is fantastic. Good coffee with dollop of cream is ambrosia

• Angry
Reactions: Pico

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
A NorCal pourover-only coffee chain called Phil's has a policy: if you ask for heavy cream, that's what they put in your coffee, not half and half. It's really decadent.

Reactions: grapedrink

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
A NorCal pourover-only coffee chain called Phil's has a policy: if you ask for heavy cream, that's what they put in your coffee, not half and half. It's really decadent.
As it should be. If you don’t have heavy cream, don’t just assume I mean half and half. Starbucks has a leg up on many independents in this regard, which is too bad. many (not all but most) indy shops simply don’t have heavy cream.

laidback

Tom Curren status
Feb 9, 2007
NOC
Heavy cream is nice but it dilutes the coffee quick if you accidentally put a little too much
Personally I go black & never any sugar

Reactions: $kully

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
If I’m putting dairy in coffee I’m either indulging in a flat white or a cortada/Gibraltar or I’m slumming it and drinking shitty ass gas station coffee or Starbucks. But 99% of the time black drip.

Reactions: laidback

SrPato

Miki Dora status
Jul 12, 2005
San Buena Ventura
I grabbed a bag of Peet's Big Bang last week and have been switching between French Press and natural pour. Both are very tasty black. Is heavy cream the same as whole cream? I'm thinking of picking some up tonight.