Order of Operations. Morning Coffee

Morning Coffee

• New Filter, Water in Mr Coffee, Grind Beans, Press Button, Pour a Cup asap, additives and stir

• Remove old Filter. New Filter. Grind Coffee, Match Water. Press Button, additives f, Pour cup asap

• Boil water, Set Melita Filter in cone. Grind Beans, slow pour, additives and stir

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Anyone else notice how a lot of dark roasts nowadays look like medium roasts, and mediums look like light roasts? What's with the whole hipster under roasted coffee trend? :unsure:
Yes, and I hate it. I only buy beans from Italian markets. Italians and the French know how to make coffee. Lavazza or Caffe Vergnano beans FTW. Dark, sweaty beans.

In Santa Cruz there was a roaster called North Coast Coffee, they were the only beans I would buy there. Fucking dammit they were good.

It was really funny, at the Barolo/Barbaresco event on Friday all the Italian winemakers and their entourages were complaining about the state of coffee in America. "Sour" was a word heard most often. "I do not enjoy sour coffee."

Reactions: grapedrink

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I don’t have time to grind beans for the morning pot. I use grocery store stuff

later in the day I’ll get fancy

Reactions: Havoc

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
How do you not have time to grind beans? You have to wait for hot water, no? Grind while water is heating up...
Wait for hot water?

i use a drip machine for the morning coffee

it’s only if I want a treat I go to the hassle of boiling water and doing French press or percolator

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
hit snooze when the alarm goes off but get up and go to the kitchen
fill stovetop percolator with water and start boiling ( the thing was my mother-in-laws and probably around 60 years old)
grind beans
go back to sleep for 5 minutes
put the ground beans in the basket, and into the percolator and turn it down to a simmer
go back to sleep for 7 minutes
pour a cup of coffee, black, and the rest of the pot into a yeti thermos to keep hot
when the alarm goes off, brush teeth
drink perfect tempera fresh coffee

a half hour between starting and drinking
ridiculous

when I lost my sense of taste for a few weeks after covid, i couldn’t be bothered makimg it or drinking it
and, yeah, I didnt miss that ridiculous routine
and when I could taste things again, I decided there’s no good reason to go back to a coffee habit that was such a waste
so, no coffee routine for me
at least for now
i just don’t miss it

Last edited:

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
So wake up 1 minute earlier.
That’s way, way more work than a drip machine, and gets at least 3 or 4 things dirty

Dump old filter
Put new filter and new coffee grounds in
Fill carafe
Pour carafe into machine
Enjoy coffee as soon as enough for the first cup has dropped though

easy button

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
fill stovetop percolator with water and start boiling ( the thing was my mother-in-laws and probably around 60 years old)
grind beans
go back to sleep for 5 minutes
put the ground beans in the basket, and into the percolator and turn it down to a simmer
pour a cup of coffee, black, and the rest of the pot into a yeti thermos to keep hot
when the alarm goes off, brush teeth
drink perfect tempera fresh coffee

a half hour between starting and drinking
ridiculous

when I lost my sense of taste for a few weeks after covid, i couldn’t be bothered makimg it or drinking it
and, yeah, I didnt miss that ridiculous routine
and when I could taste things again, I decided there’s no good reason to go back to a coffee habit that was such a waste
so, no coffee routine for me
at least for now
i just don’t miss it
Haha that is the most ridiculous morning routine I’ve ever heard.

I just have my coffee on a timer to be ready at 530am which is around when I need to be out the door. I Get everything set up the night beforehand. Reusable filter so I don’t need to deal with that BS.

Last edited:
Reactions: gbg and Ifallalot

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
Haha that is the most ridiculous morning routine I’ve ever heard.

I just have my coffee on a timer to be ready at 530am which is around when I need to be out the door. I Get everything set up the night beforehand. Reusable filter so I don’t need to deal with that BS.
I dont know how people can have an alarm go off and then go back to sleep for 5 or 10 minutes. Mostly I am up before my alarm.

Reactions: i_ride_spinnaz