OR Transplant haole wetsuit thickness?

HarryLopez

Phil Edwards status
Jan 17, 2007
Neck deep
I promise not to talk OR pidgin or vibe from the deck of an SUP....

In my college days, surfed SB and central coast spots in a 4/3, never wore booties. Surfed OBSF and other spots with a 4/3 for a few years, booties a handful of times.

So, possibly looking for a new suit since the OR relocation. What do the erbb gurus suggest?

Thank you! Beers on me once I finish grad school. Or, at least during the vacations!

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
Measuring Hawaiian style I'd suggest a 2/1, no booties :hat:

I'm in a hooded 5/4 down here, though the water has been way warmer the last few months than normal so that has been overkill

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
5/4 oniell pyrotech. 5 or 7mm drylock booties in a half or full size smaller than what you wear for shoes.

gloves are optional- still plenty of dudes who don't wear them but if you go for a pair make sure they are pretty snug when new because they stretch out a bit and balloon hands is not that fun.

bloomies

Kelly Slater status
Sep 27, 2008
Aruka said:
5/4 oniell pyrotech. 5 or 7mm drylock booties in a half or full size smaller than what you wear for shoes.

gloves are optional- still plenty of dudes who don't wear them but if you go for a pair make sure they are pretty snug when new because they stretch out a bit and balloon hands is not that fun.
this^^^^ but keep a thin suit around for late summer warms, some people were bootie-less as of last week, it's been weirdly toasty of late.

Q_Surf

Duke status
May 5, 2003
world's largest oregon
bloomies said:
Aruka said:

this^^^^ but keep a thin suit around for late summer warms, some people were bootie-less as of last week, it's been weirdly toasty of late.
clear as hell too. seems whack to be warming bare hands in the water w these cold stiff offs.

shared lineups w more 'lions than ever the past few days. last weekend i saw seagulls swarming something way out past the jetty and based on the arc of the :shark: tail rolling, one was getting munched.

HarryLopez

Phil Edwards status
Jan 17, 2007
Neck deep
Q_Surf said:
bloomies said:
Aruka said:

clear as hell too. seems whack to be warming bare hands in the water w these cold stiff offs.

shared lineups w more 'lions than ever the past few days. last weekend i saw seagulls swarming something way out past the jetty and based on the arc of the :shark: tail rolling, one was getting munched.
Thank you all for the recs! Maybe coulda left the last part out eh? :shark: