OR surf

HarryLopez

Phil Edwards status
Jan 17, 2007
Neck deep
Going to make the drive from Bend this coming Mon or Tues. Looks like there may be swell, but being a full on newbie, FOB Hawaiioregonian, I'm really not sure where to drive to. :roflmao: Any of you that are more knowledgable could PM me. :shaka: Or don't, I'm going anyway! :dancing: Beers on me after the sesh! :cheers:

I won't name names or anything that bad. :batman:

HarryLopez

Phil Edwards status
Jan 17, 2007
Neck deep
Mahalos to all that helped make this surf possible!

Surf was just awful, crowded beyond belief, think I was even bumped twice by a large, predatory creature, windy as fck, cold as a witch's tit. Surfing in Oregon is for suckers, so anyone looking to surf in Oregon, better to go to anywhere else.

On the other hand, the drive was beautiful, going through multiple National forests with fall colors.

Honest question though: Would it be safe to sleep in the car in most of these surf towns? I'm sure it depends on the town, but just wondering for when I complete my next surgical strike to surf this awful, horrific coastline!

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
dinger said:
whats the deal with witches t!ts? why are they soooo cold??
it's cause they like to dip them in haagen dazs rum raisin ice cream. (.) :facelick: (.)

they're wrinkly as fvck too...

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
Will definitely never even bother checking out the coast after this thread.

Thanks OP!!

SeaFoamGreen

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 10, 2009
NorOR
Glad you made it out HL. Hopefully Gaz hit you up. He’s prob closet striking distance to Bend(ifornia) and lives at their go to spot. I believe him and Aruka are the only guys that actually live at the coast on this board and can provide accurate real time info. Conditions change and sand moves so dang fast around here…… That said Sat AM was MENTAL (in California off course : )

jackcheez

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 9, 2015
HarryLopez said:
Mahalos to all that helped make this surf possible!

Surf was just awful, crowded beyond belief, think I was even bumped twice by a large, predatory creature, windy as fck, cold as a witch's tit. Surfing in Oregon is for suckers, so anyone looking to surf in Oregon, better to go to anywhere else.
It must have been many awesomes. Going first chance I get. :cheers:

bigtuna

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 29, 2010
NE
HarryLopez said:
Honest question though: Would it be safe to sleep in the car in most of these surf towns? I'm sure it depends on the town, but just wondering for when I complete my next surgical strike to surf this awful, horrific coastline!
ive never been there, but ive been sleeping in my car on road trips since i was 16. buy a little thing of pepper spray for ten bucks, or just bring a knife, pass out after dark and set your alarm for 7. no one will ever know/care you were there. :wave2:

i had someone break in while i was asleep once. it was more awkward than anything. i was woken from such a deep sleep that i didnt even realize they were breaking in, i figured he had mistaken my car for his :rolleyes: when i spoke up he freaked and booked it. about 25 seconds later i put the pieces together and then got out, picked a direction and ran, but he was long gone. ill get em next time :cussing:

SeaFoamGreen

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 10, 2009
NorOR
Hahaha shiit doesn't happen like that up here.

Just get a camp site. Their everywhere...... you will get hassled by local police in larger towns.The dreaded 2AM knock.....

bigtuna

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 29, 2010
NE
SeaFoamGreen said:
Hahaha shiit doesn't happen like that up here.

Just get a camp site. Their everywhere...... you will get hassled by local police in larger towns.The dreaded 2AM knock.....
its the smaller towns you have to worry about, youre just another car on the side of the road in the larger towns. i speak from experience. probably 40+ solo trips as far south from MA as south carolina and as far west as chicago. add one cross country/down the coast followed by a full five months straight in san diego.

never gotten "the knock" once :cheers:

bruhdakine

Miki Dora status
Jul 7, 2003
PNW
SeaFoamGreen said:
He’s prob closet striking distance to Bend(ifornia) and lives at their go to spot.
Haha... Bendifornia. Pretty on point but lately this place is being overrun by yupsters from Portland and Seattle as much as anywhere else. As for the go to spot, I feel like I'm in Bend when I'm out there. Everyone here surfs. Or says that they do.