Oops, what’s this?

2surf

Duke status
Apr 12, 2004
California USA
www.allcare.com
https://myemail.constantcontact.com/Finally----California-Agrees-to-Begin-Cleanup-of-its-Voter-List--LA-County-to-Remove-1-5-Million-Inactive-Registrants-.html?soid=1120385194927&aid=gIuKRhgoHMw&fbclid=IwAR2GsHiHgFwOC5_rhBA0NZGirJYDy0qzfc0akJ4rcGOsM0vmxPc0ONMtB9Y

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Another dumb thread started by an old man who believes everything he reads on the internet? :shrug:

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
I take it you guys didn't hear about the voter registration study done in LA.

Turns out there were more voters "registered" than actual eligible age voters in the city.

No possibility of abuse in that situation, naaahhh. :rolleyes:

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
Surfdog said:

Turns out there were more voters "registered" than actual eligible age voters in the city.

:roflmao:

Check out North Carolina if you're interested in voter fraud. :loser:

Better yet, if you're interested in voter suppression, check out this piece of sh!t:

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Surprise!

"Paine said their group is non-partisan, and it does nothing to interfere with voting. But the group has many connections to the Tea Party. And critics say their tactics border on voter intimidation."

:hah: Election "Integrity" Project

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Surfdog said:

Surprise!

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/us-more-registered-voters-than-adults/

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
FecalFace said:
Surfdog said:

Surprise!

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/us-more-registered-voters-than-adults/
Did you read the whole snope's article?

First, I never said all of USA, I said LA only.

Second, even snopes admits (probably reluctantly) "mixture" of truth and false.

It goes on to say LA county DOES have more "registered" voters than eligible voters. San Diego actually had an even higher percentage. But other counties don't or have less registered voters than eligible.

So, as a whole for the state of CA, it's not. But just sayin', LA county itself is ripe for abuse, and incidents have been reported.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
I read the Snopes article and it said that Jewing's Tea Party chain mail is bullshit.

"Even if these numbers are assumed to be accurate, presenting them as definitively demonstrating that “some 3.5 million more people are registered to vote in the U.S. than are alive among America’s adult citizens” is a questionable and problematic claim, given that the information was compiled from only 462 counties in 38 states, yet the entire U.S. comprises over 3,000 counties in fifty states. Many of those other counties might well have substantially fewer registered voters on their rolls than adult residents who are eligible to vote.

Another major issue with such a claim is the potential inclusion of “inactive” voters among the tallies of registered voters, a matter that was publicized in a 1 August 2017 letter Judicial Watch sent to California Secretary of State Alex Padilla threatening to sue unless the state and eleven of its counties produced voter records to them. According to Judicial Watch, their own analysis of U.S. Census data and voter registration records indicated those eleven counties included numbers of registered voters exceeding the numbers of adults eligible to vote in those counties."

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
lots of people come and go from these cities.

people don't typically unregister.

I would wager EVERY large city has more registered voters than actual.

especially if they have universities and such.

I am just laughing that JEwing posted an spam email message URL and posted it here.

...constantcontact.com

lolololol