ONLY ON REDDIT!

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
You got people who have dysphoria and the medical stuff could help.

Then you got advocates pushing an agenda for their own benefit.

Then you a social contagion at work, amplified by social media.

Then you have a competitive society with a lot of people who are going to loose the competion.

They are going to look for an easy way to manage their physiological states.

It's a mess.

Both sides need to go for the middle ground but the extremists are pushing too hard.

Common sense is out the window.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
In the same way Fox made your old parents crazy, social media is making you guys fucking nuts. :roflmao:
Not sure I agree with this. I think white/protestant going from majority to plurality coinciding with everybody else telling them to GFY every time they try to tell everybody else what to do is making them fucking nuts.

Camp of the Saints was written in 1973. Reagan said we'd all become communists if we had Medicare was over 50 years ago.

Reprehensible pieces of sh!t like Roger Ailes predated Fox News and Social Media, and someone was always going to confirm their biases that Obama is a Kenyan Muslim who went to a madrassa.

What do you think the English/German protestants thought of the Irish/Italian/Slav Catholics 100-150 years ago?

Reactions: afoaf

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Not sure I agree with this. I think white/protestant going from majority to plurality coinciding with everybody else telling them to GFY every time they try to tell everybody else what to do is making them fucking nuts.

Camp of the Saints was written in 1973. Reagan said we'd all become communists if we had Medicare was over 50 years ago.

Reprehensible pieces of sh!t like Roger Ailes predated Fox News and Social Media, and someone was always going to confirm their biases that Obama is a Kenyan Muslim who went to a madrassa.

What do you think the English/German protestants thought of the Irish/Italian/Slav Catholics 100-150 years ago?
True, multi-variate.

The easy to access far right media is the latest feature.

The media is amplifying what you are talking about.

My formally apolitical friend has right wing politics on brain because of YouTube videos on the phone. I don't think he would have had the same screen time without the smart phone. But maybe age would have made him find a way.

At my work, they were pressuring the hiring committee to hire a lesser qualified person because the person was a POC.

How can that not make you nuts if you are an old whitey feeling the pressure of being subsumed?

I guess you could say, "Payback is a bitch. Now you now how it feels, white boy!"

But then you get why whitey is in a tizzy.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
True, multi-variate.

My formally apolitical friend has right wing politics on brain because of YouTube videos on the phone. I don't think he would have had the same screen time without the smart phone. But maybe age would have made him find a way.

At my work, they were pressuring the hiring committee to hire a lesser qualified person because the person was a POC.

How can that not make you nuts if you are an old whitey feeling the pressure of being subsumed?

I guess you could say, "Payback is a bitch. Now you now how it feels, white boy!"

People go down the wrong rabbit holes.

The rabbit hole that took me to this, though...

fuuuuuuuck :crazy2:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Right Wing Nut Job Talk Radio predates this, and I expect Right Wing Nut Job Newsletters predated that Limbaughful medium.

I remember when walking into a white working class male workspace, I expected to hear a classic rock radio station if the median age was over 40, or alternative rock radio station if the median age was under 30.

Now I expect to hear grievance hour with someone crying about Twitter or Obama's tan suit.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Right Wing Nut Job Talk Radio predates this, and I expect Right Wing Nut Job Newsletters predated that Limbaughful medium.

I remember when walking into a white working class male workspace, I expected to hear a classic rock radio station if the median age was over 40, or alternative rock radio station if the median age was under 30.

Now I expect to hear grievance hour with someone crying about Twitter or Obama's tan suit.
Yeah, now the radio is either RWNJ or NPR.

Fuck both.

Pop country is almost as bad.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
We are constantly being told that hate crime is getting worse and worse. And statistically it is.

So given that, racism is getting worse, not better right?

The boomers are dying out. They just want to sit home take their opiates and yell at the TV.

So it's younger people out there with tiki torches worrying about who is going to replace us? Saying nasty racist sh!t on social media all day?

Do I have that right? I'm sincerely asking here.

My personal observation is young people are getting more racist, not less racist.

What's the definition of insanity again? Doing the same thing over and over again hoping for a different result?

Is that what's happening? Are the kids rebelling against the whole woke agenda? That IS kind of what kids do. Rebell.

I don't know. I'm sincerely asking. The older I get the less I know. At age 35 you know everything. Or is that 40? I think by 45 you realize how stupid you are. Although that could just be a personal problem. We need a 30 year old to tell us what's wrong.

But I mean, look around. Seems like things could be going better?

Last edited:
Reactions: grapedrink

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
People go down the wrong rabbit holes.

The rabbit hole that took me to this, though...

fuuuuuuuck :crazy2:
I have this in constant_rotation_folder

the original track is listed deep in the youtube comments and will send you down a major rabbit hole

vietnam beckons....

We are constantly being told that hate crime is getting worse and worse. And statistically it is.

The boomers are dying out. They just want to sit home take their opiates and yell at the TV.

So it's younger people out there with tiki torches worrying about who is going to replace us? Saying nasty racist sh!t on social media all day?

My personal observation is young people are getting more racist, not less racist.

What's the definition of insanity again? Doing the same thing over and over again hoping for a different result?

Is that what's happening? Are the kids rebelling against the whole woke agenda? That IS kind of what kids do. Rebell.

I don't know. The older I get the less I know. At age 35 you know everything. Or is that 40? I think by 45 you realize how stupid you are. Although that could just be a personal problem. We need a 30 year old to tell us what's wrong.
we live in the era of media balkanization

it's hard to get out of your bucket....and!...the bucket has a profit motive to keep you deep in the bucket

the economic forces behind online advertising are responsible for these larger social ills

they repealed the fairness doctrine and the media went from a source of information to a source of reinforcement at the expense of ongoing public discourse on the issues that matter to us and our families

we have so many big fish to fry, but we're wasting cycles on trivia

there's no more "national conversation"

we have a backlog of real serious sh!t that needs to be addressed that actually require a back and forth discussion at the level of the individual citizen to learn about the subject and weigh out the pros and cons in pursuit of robust solutions....

social security
single payer medical
energy independence
term limits
water security
education system
voting integrity
domestic manufacturing
reformed tax code
campaign finance
drug decriminalization
electric utility infrastructure
nuclear waste storage

how does that even happen?

necessity is the mother of invention, but I'd rather see a government that proactively works to avert disasters in lieu of disasters being the de facto trigger for our government to sit down and actually do some real fkn work towards generational solutions.

fkn hell

Last edited:

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
True, multi-variate.

To wit the white ( oc type) mommys in my neighborhod were trying to get white trumpy ( mask hating) mommy to be the new Elementary Principle with so much force that the hiring board suspended all prospecting and insisted on going outside of the area to avoid any more dysfunction.

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Things are def getting worse. We are reverting back to our tribal roots. It is becoming less and less common that people interact with anyone who thinks differently than themselves, and more and more common that people view those who think differently as evil enemies.

This trend has been growing for decades, since the craziness of the race riots and antiwar protests of the 60s. It got worse with cable TV in the 80s and 90s and now social media has in the last 10 or 15 years really poured gasoline on the fire. Our brains are being trained to reinforce our inner tribalism and despise those who are different than us.

Reactions: kidfury

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
I wonder how many trans thread there would be if our convative friends stopped posting them? I'm guessing none.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
P3do Pete had a drag queen at his speech yesterday which mentioned "gender-affirming care" and the next front in the war. Obviously the battle for our kids will intensify.
View attachment 143919

The combatants on our side are parents, God, and His angels and P3do Pete, Rachel Levine et al, demons, and the devil opposed. We are going to win.
#SKYISFALLINGLIST

Things that directly portend or cause the end of civilization (California) as we know it....
Gender-affirming Care
Journalists that disagree with my bias (added)
BLM Accounting Issues
Lithium Batteries
Herr Bidentrump
Foreign students stealing our IP
Bad genetics among white people
Lack of Biblical Morals in Teachers
Bureaucrats that look like witches (physiognomy)
Lack of "piety" in elected officials
Women in Government
College Enrollment
Pfizer
Travel
Psychedelics
Primary Care
HR
The FBI
CA Public Schools
Balkanization of the US
The War Racket
Gascon/Newsome

it's been a while....

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016

I don't know. I'm sincerely asking. The older I get the less I know. At age 35 you know everything. Or is that 40? I think by 45 you realize how stupid you are. Although that could just be a personal problem. We need a 30 year old to tell us what's wrong.

Don't mistake a vocal crowd for a growing crowd. If you look how the youngest generation voted in November, it's not for the tiki torch side.

I think there's a certain portion of the woke agenda that bothers almost everyone. But there's also a part that resonates. There's definitely still racism, but I don't see the kids being as bothered by race. I also see them way less bothered by/concerned with trans issues than their parents.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
P3do Pete had a drag queen at his speech yesterday which mentioned "gender-affirming care" and the next front in the war. Obviously the battle for our kids will intensify.
View attachment 143919

The combatants on our side are parents, God, and His angels and P3do Pete, Rachel Levine et al, demons, and the devil opposed. We are going to win.
It's funny the party of personal responsibility is sad people are facing the ramifications of their actions.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point

I'm 61 and I know way more now.

It does me no good but understanding how our visceral states influence decision making was the key for me to understanding human behavior.

Also, life is complicated.

Creating simplified representations of relevant features within a complex domain can be very helpful but you need to be a aware that you are simplifying.

Also, technology cuts us off from nature.

This is a knife that cuts both ways.

There is so much more I could share but . . . :dancing:

Last edited:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Don't mistake a vocal crowd for a growing crowd. If you look how the youngest generation voted in November, it's not for the tiki torch side.

I think there's a certain portion of the woke agenda that bothers almost everyone. But there's also a part that resonates. There's definitely still racism, but I don't see the kids being as bothered by race. I also see them way less bothered by/concerned with trans issues than their parents.
My 18 year olds were super cool and hard working this semester.

I'm sure they were all down with being tollerant with others

But they were not overly woke

They laughed at all my taboo humor

Last edited: