one of ours

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
NC's finest....the Boy Congressman, posturing for the vets.
“It was immature. He’s a child. He lacks common sense. I think the congressman was overcompensating for something that he lacks and feeling inadequate among the heroes on that call,” said John Feal, a 9/11 first responder who was at the virtual meeting.

Some may find that criticism particularly notable, given that Cawthorn has made a name for himself by constantly singing praises about the nation’s military personnel. The glory of military service is also at the core of the public persona he built: he rose to prominence with a heart wrenching story about how a car crash took away his ability to walk and left him permanently in a wheelchair before he could enter the United States Naval Academy and begin a life of military service.

Journalist Tom Fiedler would eventually uncover how that story was built on a lie, because the Naval Academy had already rejected Cawthorn before his crash. And the friend Cawthorn claimed had left him for dead, in fact, pulled him from the wreckage.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
It would have been spectacular if he shot his eye out in the middle of the meeting.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Rosie Lopez Torres, the cofounder of Burn Pits 360, told The Daily Beast that she did not notice that Cawthorn was working on his gun. She only recalled that he seemed distracted at times. But when she saw the picture of what he was doing, she was livid.
So she didn’t even know at the time and it wasn’t until later when she “saw a picture” she claims to mad?

Why is she mad?

Who fuckking cares? I’m sure those meetings are boring. He was multitasking.

If he was knitting a sweater would that be a problem too?

Reactions: Ifallalot

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
NC's finest....the Boy Congressman, posturing for the vets.

This is what they are calling a lie (even though it’s a true statement)….

“Madison was homeschooled in Hendersonville and was nominated to the Naval Academy by Rep. Mark Meadows in 2014,” according to the 11th district candidate’s website.“However, Madison’s plans were derailed that year after he nearly died in a tragic automobile accident that left him partially paralyzed and in a wheelchair.”

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
This is what they are calling a lie (even though it’s a true statement)….

“Madison was homeschooled in Hendersonville and was nominated to the Naval Academy by Rep. Mark Meadows in 2014,” according to the 11th district candidate’s website.“However, Madison’s plans were derailed that year after he nearly died in a tragic automobile accident that left him partially paralyzed and in a wheelchair.”
um, no. the lie they are referring to - one he told repeatedly, in the course of campaigning, and one of several lies about the accident - was that his accident prevented him from entering the Naval Academy. in fact, he had already been rejected for admission from the Naval Academy, prior to the accident. here's another lie:

As an 18-year-old Cawthorn was seriously injured and partially paralyzed in a car accident in Florida while a friend was driving. Three years after the accident, as a freshman at conservative Christian Patrick Henry College in northern Virginia, he was speaking in the school’s chapel and told this vividly dramatic tale about his friend, the driver, this way: “He was my brother, my best friend. And he leaves me in a car to die in a fiery tomb. He runs to safety deep in the woods and just leaves me in a burning car as the flames start to lick my legs and curl up and burn my left side. Fortunately, there was several bystanders who come by and they break the window open that they pulled me out to safety and they sat me down. The paramedics arrive and decided that I’m gone and I have no pulse, I have no breath. And I was, I was declared dead on the scene. For whatever reason, may it be adrenaline or divine intervention, I definitely believe it’s the latter, I had a deep inhale of breath.”

Other than the fact that he was injured in the car accident, it’s all a lie. The driver, Bradley Ledford, told The Washington Post that he pulled Cawthorn from the car before flames spread. The Post also found that the accident report shows Cawthorn was “incapacitated,” but was never pronounced dead.

“That statement he made was false,” Ledford said. “It hurt very badly that he would say something as false as that. That is not at all what happened. I pulled him out of the car the second that I was able to get out of the car.”

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
um, no. the lie they are referring to - one he told repeatedly, in the course of campaigning, and one of several lies about the accident - was that his accident prevented him from entering the Naval Academy. in fact, he had already been rejected for admission from the Naval Academy, prior to the accident. here's another lie:
Well after reading that it sounds like he’s a typical scumbag politician.

Still not bothered about him doing a little housekeeping during a zoom meeting though.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
This is a fine example of the gun clowns not policing their own that will be the ultimate demise of 2a.
So gun cleaning should only be done alone, in private? Like masturbation?

Would these hens be clucking if he was sharpening knives or knitting?

• Haha
Reactions: manbearpig