One live round

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
The old "I didn't pull the trigger" defense.

Color me skeptical.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
A live round snuck itself onto the set, put itself into the chamber of a single action revolver.

That revolver then cocked itself and made itself make the trigger go in a rearward direction while it was pointed at the victim. Coincidentally it happened to be in Alec Baldwin’s hand at the time it went off all by itself.

Crazy times we live in.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
The old "I didn't pull the trigger" defense.

Color me skeptical.
It’s amazing how many people with little to no firearms experience find themselves in a situation where a gun just “goes off” seemingly by itself.

I’ve been around guns my entire life and I’ve never seen this happen.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
The revolver in question requires you to pull the hammer back to cock it and then you pull the trigger to fire it. There is the remote possibility that he could have been pulling the hammer back and slipped allowing the hammer to strike the primer of a cartridge with the force required for the gun to discharge without actually pulling the trigger. I doubt this is what happened but I am putting this out there as being within the realm of possibilities. The more likely scenario is that Baldwin is trying to create as much distance as possible between himself and legal blame.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
A live round snuck itself onto the set, put itself into the chamber of a single action revolver.

That revolver then cocked itself and made itself make the trigger go in a rearward direction while it was pointed at the victim. Coincidentally it happened to be in Alec Baldwin’s hand at the time it went off all by itself.

Crazy times we live in.
meanwhile, Duffy is 1000% sure Newsom had Bell's Palsy

what a fkn quackadoo