One egg or two?

sdsurfrat

Michael Peterson status
Jun 2, 2008
Raw eggs?

I think I remember something about eating too many raw eggs (egg whites specifically?) leads to hair loss or some other negative health effects. Should look that up before typing it, but am feeling lazy today.

Raw dog that chit son!

Just had a shake with detroit red beets, delicious :socrazy:

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Use bacon grease instead of butter/oil. Cook the bacon, remove, do everything else you said, add the bacon back in.
1. I save bacon lard for popcorn making...percentagewise, popcorn uses mostly olive oil though. Don't really make much bacon at home.

And use white rice instead of brown and add some chili crisp. Done.
2 I prefer the texture of crispy brown rice better than crispy white rice. Plus, was using up leftovers. And for reasons best left unexplored, I bought a 25 lb bag of brown rice. Only white rice in the house is the kind you use to make risotto and that doesn't lend itself to fried rice too well.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
i usually do white jasmin rice but this year i ordered a 25lb. bag of organic brown basmati and I find myself preferring it to the usual white. it's less sticky and has a nice toothiness and a really nice flavor IMO.

I'd do brown rice more often than white, but the wife has a thing against it.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I haven’t eaten rice in months, and yes I think I’m better than you

although the local cuban joint does a mean shredded steak over green rice with pickled red onions and you guessed it, a fried Egg sunny side up and it’s the bomb. I think the place closed though and I haven’t ordered from there in a year or more

Reactions: grapedrink

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Used to eat brown rice only, until my Chinese Dr found out I was crapping 5-6 times per day. She said:" you eat soo much fibell you going to disapeall! ONRRRY WHITE LICE FLOM NOW ON!!!".

Yesterdays dinner rice was with fresh muscles picked off a rock at a cove I surfed.

:waving::shaka::beer:

Reactions: rowjimmytour

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
i usually do white jasmin rice but this year i ordered a 25lb. bag of organic brown basmati and I find myself preferring it to the usual white. it's less sticky and has a nice toothiness and a more complex flavor IMO.
I'd do brown rice more often than white, but the wife has a thing against it.
I buy 25lb bags of Botan brand CalRose white rice. Good for all purposes, and it's a necessary part of my 15yo dog's diet these days. Keeps him regular. White rice is way healthier for me, and I don't like the taste of brown rice anyway. The bran and hull are not easy for most people to digest, either.

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
I buy 25lb bags of Botan brand CalRose white rice. Good for all purposes, and it's a necessary part of my 15yo dog's diet these days. Keeps him regular. White rice is way healthier for me, and I don't like the taste of brown rice anyway. The bran and hull are not easy for most people to digest, either.
I like Wonderbread too but I dont eat it.

"The bottom line. Brown rice is generally more nutritious than white rice. It's higher in fiber, magnesium, and other nutrients, and it isn't artificially enriched with nutrients like white rice is."

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
How has this eggy thread turned into the rice thread?

While I like yolky fried, boiled, or poached eggs, the scrambled eggs in our house are overcooked. I dig a soft scramble, but I'm not super picky nor do I have a lot of patience with scrambled eggs. My wife tough, she cooks them on high until they are very well done. I've adapted. Now we all eat overcooked scrambled eggs.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr Doof

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Brekkie today. 1 blue egg, mini tortilla, cilantro, avo & 1/5 bottle of Tapatio. 1st time cooking an avo.
Also first time leaving about 2tbs spice mix in the coffee grinder (cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon, black peppercorns, coriander seeds, red pepper flakes). My coffee tastes like Thanksgiving.

taco.png

taco2.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: rice

SrPato

Miki Dora status
Jul 12, 2005
San Buena Ventura
Brekkie today. 1 blue egg, mini tortilla, cilantro, avo & 1/5 bottle of Tapatio. 1st time cooking an avo.
Also first time leaving about 2tbs spice mix in the coffee grinder (cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon, black peppercorns, coriander seeds, red pepper flakes). My coffee tastes like Thanksgiving.

View attachment 130376

View attachment 130380
Geezuz, I like Tapatio but that much drowns out the flavors of everything but the tortilla. BTW, have you tried Salsa Huichol? It's yummy, yum, yum!!!!

Reactions: Bob Dobbalina

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Geezuz, I like Tapatio but that much drowns out the flavors of everything but the tortilla. BTW, have you tried Salsa Huichol? It's yummy, yum, yum!!!!
Not always but sometimes the food is just the vehicle for the heat. Will check out Salsa Huichol

Reactions: CutnSnip and SrPato

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA
How has this eggy thread turned into the rice thread?:monkey:

While I like yolky fried, boiled, or poached eggs, the scrambled eggs in our house are overcooked. I dig a soft scramble, but I'm not super picky nor do I have a lot of patience with scrambled eggs. My wife tough, she cooks them on high until they are very well done. I've adapted. Now we all eat overcooked scrambled eggs.

Over cooked scrambled eggs are the worst.

I like brown rice better in everything but black beans and rice, and sushi type rolls.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
I like Wonderbread too but I dont eat it.

"The bottom line. Brown rice is generally more nutritious than white rice. It's higher in fiber, magnesium, and other nutrients, and it isn't artificially enriched with nutrients like white rice is."
My white rice is not enriched. Not everyone can handle the fiber and bran, digestively. Because of that I get more nutrients from white rice, I'm certain. I'm sure I am not alone in this.