OLD WHITE MEN

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
As a guy who will eventually (hopefully) be an old white man, I think there is such thing. But the angst expressed in the term isn't about old white men per se, but about men who are stuck in their ways yet still pull the strings in businesses etc. At this juncture, the old white men in power might just be the last of a dying breed.

You can see it when the old people in congress try to discuss today's technology issues. There is simply no way Turtle Man knows anything about how the internet works. Old white men shouldn't be bashed for being old, but they might do better to understand when their time in charge of things is up. This of course applies to old white women and old black men and old asian women etc. too, but none of them have a controlling majority of anything.

Fecal is right - elders need to hold a special place in our society, but the idea that old people automatically deserve respect is lame. There are many shitty kids who become shitty adults who eventually become shitty old people.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
They're simply the new boogeyman among the looney tunes

That being said, there needs to be an age ceiling in Congress for all of the reasons Stu said. I've never agreed with almost every single word of a Stu post, but that one comes close

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
StuAzole said:
As a guy who will eventually (hopefully) be an old white man, I think there is such thing. But the angst expressed in the term isn't about old white men per se, but about men who are stuck in their ways yet still pull the strings in businesses etc. At this juncture, the old white men in power might just be the last of a dying breed.

You can see it when the old people in congress try to discuss today's technology issues. There is simply no way Turtle Man knows anything about how the internet works. Old white men shouldn't be bashed for being old, but they might do better to understand when their time in charge of things is up. This of course applies to old white women and old black men and old asian women etc. too, but none of them have a controlling majority of anything.

Fecal is right - elders need to hold a special place in our society, but the idea that old people automatically deserve respect is lame. There are many shitty kids who become shitty adults who eventually become shitty old people.
Agree.

Shitty people are shitty people.

But it's important to note that they're not shitty because they're old.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
FecalFace said:
StuAzole said:

Agree.

What about because they're white?

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
casa_mugrienta said:
FecalFace said:
StuAzole said:

Agree.

They're not shitty because they're white.

Are there shitty white people?

Yes.

You and ifail are pretty shitty white people.

And you're not even old.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
FecalFace said:
casa_mugrienta said:
FecalFace said:
StuAzole said:

Agree.

They're not shitty because they're white.

Are there shitty white people?

Yes.

You and ifail are pretty shitty white people.

And you're not even old.
:roflmao:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I bought a bunch of weight lifting supplements with some extra cash I got.

Getting strong in the gym is so fun, especially when are old.

https://atplab.com/product/myoprime/

This stuff makes a noticeable difference in strength. I can notice a difference between this and the cheaper stuff.

Creatine is also good for cognition.

So if you are old and white get on the creatine.

Thanks!

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Autoprax said:

This stuff makes a noticeable difference in strength. I can notice a difference between this and the cheaper stuff.

Thanks!
Where do you workout?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
They opened a meat head gym in Oceanside by the freeway.

I love it.

It's like going into a 90s time machine.

I've had to dig myself out of a deep hole but I'm making progress.

As the Romans say,

"we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame . . . "

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
Autoprax said:

Thanks!
Aren’t you worried about liver damage, kidney stones, etc?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
No. Don't believe the hype.

My sister hates creatine. She gets mad at her husband if he takes it. I show her the research and she turns away. Kind like the dummies here.

Creatine is good for you.

I'm doing a low dose too.

2surf

Duke status
Apr 12, 2004
California USA
www.allcare.com
What crappy time to be a YOUNG white guy. (fixed it for you)

I asked my Dad who had me when he was 38, what was the worst part about being old and he said, "missed opportunities". I remembered what he said and Dad if you're listening, I haven't missed many.