Ok so, I asked for the pitch, I was curious, and I signed on the dotted line

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
I wonder if they get a locker. Is it "your" locker or do you just rent it for the day. Is it one of the big safety pin keys that you pin to your shorts? Is it clothing optional? Is it nicer than the spa I go to when I want to relax?

• Haha
Reactions: sdsrfr

wedge2

Billy Hamilton status
Jan 20, 2011
Back when I drank, if it included my bar tab I'd be in...nowadays, hard pass. That's a lot of trips to Nica.

Reactions: gbg

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I looked all over that site. Not alot of wave pictures. For that money I would hope they would fly in hot Ukrainia women to service you after you surf. I would just be hitting PR more in winter.
Much easier said than done in the private sector with actual fiduciary responsibility and accountability;)

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
35k initiation, 1500 per month.
HO LEE sh!t!!!!

Daily reminder I was in trunks + 1mm shortsleeve while you were in a springsuit in Central Florida. Also rowjimmytour and 20W are not coldsoft.

Personally I think you're going to see a metric sh!t-ton of finance guys. Fantasy Surfer was won by Shea Lopez one year. Pretty soon, some quant or something had a gajillion teams and BigData'd the combinations and permutations.

Which is good for your wave count. Most tales of Typhoon Lagoon I hear, by the end, like 3-4 people are sprinting for all-you-can-surf and the rest of the crew is gassed out.

Stocked for you, but for $35k + $1.5k/month, I'd want a 1BR lodging on-prem WITH PARKING SPACE, pool running 7am-10pm. @gbg if you can negotiate the Mila Kunis/Olga Kurylenko doppelganger fucking me senseless every time I could get it up, fucking do the damn thing playmaker!

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Back when I drank, if it included my bar tab I'd be in...nowadays, hard pass. That's a lot of trips to Nica.
It’s not the cash. I only have so many days off per year. This is 45 minutes from home and if it sucks I’m not joining. If the wave truly is latest gen tech and works as promised I think it could be fun. That’s all

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Pico can roast me all he wants. I’m curious and excited. My surf cred is unquestioned by the only voice that matters

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
So the website shows open ocean surf but the pitch is for mechanically made waves, right?

I am curious about the wave machinery behind the marketing but figure it is going to be something like the Ranch.

Anyway, to each their own (what choice do I have, right?) and do some good bragging with photo proof now and again so I can go, "Hmmm, maybe that one night in Bangkok wasn't worth it after all." :p

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
So the website shows open ocean surf but the pitch is for mechanically made waves, right?

I am curious about the wave machinery behind the marketing but figure it is going to be something like the Ranch.
Premiere Surf Systems is kind of short on operational full-size projects on the interwebs. I don't think it's a hauled apparatus - that'd be be prohibitive I expect in that area in terms of size.

The address is right off the LIE. Not too far from Fire Island - no idea how the surf is in that part of Long Island - at first I thought it was a beachfront club with on-site pool.

Summer 2024 according to the timeline.

Reactions: Mr Doof

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
Looks small compared to a wavegarden or whatever. Also would be cold in winter. It's outdoors and I doubt they'd heat a pool of size through winter.

And I'd think it would get kind of boring after a while. The ocean is so dynamic and part of the allure is hunting waves.

Screenshot 2023-03-16 at 9.23.54 AM.png

Reactions: Mr Doof