Ok so, I asked for the pitch, I was curious, and I signed on the dotted line

elcalvo

Michael Peterson status
Mar 16, 2004
NE
Sounds interesting, but it seems like it is a very speculative investment.
This is especially risky given the continuing rise in energy prices.
How many wave pools in the world are actually operating and making a profit?

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I agree with all of that. Risky, could be dog sh!t, who knows. However, we get multiple sessions to ourselves to ride the wave a bunch of time before committing anything further than the few grand I’m depositing next week. So, the reality is there is NO risk unless I love the wave, join the club, and then the club goes belly up anyway. if the wave is amazing and all of the membership thinks so too, the club will be fine and probably be charging $50k or more to join, within a short time.

@gbg was funny, the rest of you disappoint

if the wave sucks I don’t spend a dime, and I even get my deposit back. It will be in escrow until the club has opened and I have either opted in or out.

ive been surfing colder, more miserable waves for longer than any of you west coast pansies can even imagine. My cold water and small surf dedication are indisputable, and all I hear so far is jealousy. Raise your hand if you wear a 3 mil below 60? Nobody? hooded 4 mil below 65? North county mid length riders I can't hear you in the back, don’t be shy.

now I’ve gotta get ready for first tracks on this gorgeous calm morning in Stowe with a foot of fresh awaiting

ill be expecting better from you guys tonight.

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
I looked all over that site. Not alot of wave pictures. For that money I would hope they would fly in hot Ukrainia women to service you after you surf. I would just be hitting PR more in winter.

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
The Crest Private surf club is a hell of an offer, if they do it right. And all signs point that way. Founding membership. Decent size initiation, reasonable monthly dues, maybe like a modestly affluent country club. Not a mega rich resort, but something nice. open air, heated warm water year round. 65-70 in the winter…. They can change the wave‘s size, shape, and type, on EVERY WAVE, with a couple of buttons. 1 clean wave per 20 seconds, an average session with multiple members in rotation- 8 to 10 waves an hour. Unlimited sessions, very limited guests passes, and all the modern trappings of a private club. Restaurant, gym, lounge, work space….I will literally spend four days a week there, having a session, work a few hours, have another session. maybe a work out (or not, after all I’ve been surfing 7 foot barrels for hours by that point…)

and if it’s lame And a waste of money? I get my initiation back. This could make my final handful of years in the corporate world pretty damn fun. I just have to show face in mid town a few days a week. Hell this might make me want to stick around a few more years than I have been envisioning.

flame away if you must, but YOLO and I want a private wave pool membership and these guys were nice enough to build one 45 minutes from my house.. ground has broken, the are building the pool first so next year the founding members can take several sessions and decide if they want to go through with it or not. Even get the deposit back

so, this won’t happen for a year, but, there will be pics and snacks when it does

ps I do not work for them nor are they a client. It sounds amazing, and if it is, stocked beyond belief

The one in Shirley, for real? 'nestled' between the Hamptons and NYC!
All the surf experience without the hassle of the ocean??

I've actually been thinking that it will never be completed

Reactions: menobrah

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
The pitch reminds me of the Yellowstone Club but for surfing.

except instead of somewhere awesome like big sky it’s a wave pool for long islanders.

tbh fees sound low for what the promise is but I have no idea how to run one of these things.

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
I looked all over that site. Not alot of wave pictures. For that money I would hope they would fly in hot Ukrainia women to service you after you surf. I would just be hitting PR more in winter.
I think they flew in the hot Ukrainian babes to work in sales. That or Subway got Spicoli’d and fell for the old hey man where’d you get that jacket? during the pitch.

I looked everywhere on the site and couldn’t find any wave pics either. I did find one of the dude who’s the brains behind the operation and I’m feeling a lot more confident now about the Crust Surf Club’s chances.
1678976894111.jpeg

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
I agree with all of that. Risky, could be dog sh!t, who knows. However, we get multiple sessions to ourselves to ride the wave a bunch of time before committing anything further than the few grand I’m depositing next week. So, the reality is there is NO risk unless I love the wave, join the club, and then the club goes belly up anyway. if the wave is amazing and all of the membership thinks so too, the club will be fine and probably be charging $50k or more to join, within a short time.

@gbg was funny, the rest of you disappoint

if the wave sucks I don’t spend a dime, and I even get my deposit back. It will be in escrow until the club has opened and I have either opted in or out.

ive been surfing colder, more miserable waves for longer than any of you west coast pansies can even imagine. My cold water and small surf dedication are indisputable, and all I hear so far is jealousy. Raise your hand if you wear a 3 mil below 60? Nobody? hooded 4 mil below 65? North county mid length riders I can't hear you in the back, don’t be shy.

now I’ve gotta get ready for first tracks on this gorgeous calm morning in Stowe with a foot of fresh awaiting

ill be expecting better from you guys tonight.
Gay

• Haha
Reactions: Subway and mundus