Ok, guys....hear me out......A Bernie-Bloomberg ticket.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Hey, your supposed to cheer me up. :poop:
Bloomberg is dogshit. He's economically/fiscally Mitch McConnell and he'll want to have a MySpace fireside chat to talk about how going meat-free 6 days/week increases employee productivity by some percentage. Then he'll share his recipe for oversteamed broccoli and asparagus and a dry 4oz serving of salmon.

He'll revoke the minimum wage and the welfare state and chastise the proles for not having sustainably harvested Pawlonia/Bamboo tenement houses with no heat and no A/C.

Reactions: rts265

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Bloomberg is dogshit. He's economically/fiscally Mitch McConnell and he'll want to have a MySpace fireside chat to talk about how going meat-free 6 days/week increases employee productivity by some percentage. Then he'll share his recipe for oversteamed broccoli and asparagus and a dry 4oz serving of salmon.

He'll revoke the minimum wage and the welfare state and chastise the proles for not having sustainably harvested Pawlonia/Bamboo tenement houses with no heat and no A/C.
The only thing I can say favorably about any of the geriatric and otherwise not electable is that they’re not DT. It’s disappointing that in three years this is the only thing the DNC can come up with.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
The only thing I can say favorably about any of the geriatric and otherwise not electable is that they’re not DT. It’s disappointing that in three years this is the only thing the DNC can come up with.
Can you explain how did DNC "come up with it"?

It's about who has money to run and who wants to run.

DNC doesn't decide that.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Bloomberg is as far to the left as Trump is to the right, which is to say not that much. And who knows? Maybe his lack of charisma is the appropriate backlash to Trump's intolerable ego and flamboyance. I don't know what his chances are for winning, but it does seem unlikely that he would set about dismantling our entire economic system. So in terms of his politics a Bloomberg or Biden and maybe Klobuchar win wouldn't bother me.

• Haha
Reactions: FecalFace

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I think you are determined to not "like" any of the Democrats and to see them in this light. Also I think your definition of not electable is pretty wide. Mondale and Dukakis are the only two who come to mind as 'not electable' in my lifetime. Everyone else, including Dole, electable.

Some of the Democrats are in favor of nuclear power, some are against. Do you have an opinion on that, and therefore something to say favorably about one of the candidates? It seems the Democrats and Republicans are pretty divided on policy issues. If there are literally no policy positions, across the entire board, where you agree with any of the Democrats, and you could therefore have something to say favorably, maybe Trump is the one for you?

The GOP field in 2016 was hilariously deep. You had centrist blue state governors all the way out to Rand Paul and Ted Cruz, and even Ben Carson if you like your crazy chocolatey and Christian. Choosing Trump out that field is a flaw with the GOP at the real American voter level, not with the candidates. Pataki, Cruz, Kasich, Paul, even neocon shitheels like Bush and Rubio.

The same can be said of the (D) field in 2020. There were pro-gun, pro-weed, Red State Governors. Swing state governors. All the way to Pocahontas and Bernie out in left field. If there wasn't anyone to say one thing favorably about, you are looking on the wrong side of the aisle.

Faulting the DNC for any of this...that's like faulting someone in a toll booth because you don't like high speed rail or Teslas.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
I think you are determined to not "like" any of the Democrats and to see them in this light. Also I think your definition of not electable is pretty wide. Mondale and Dukakis are the only two who come to mind as 'not electable' in my lifetime. Everyone else, including Dole, electable.

Some of the Democrats are in favor of nuclear power, some are against. Do you have an opinion on that, and therefore something to say favorably about one of the candidates? It seems the Democrats and Republicans are pretty divided on policy issues. If there are literally no policy positions, across the entire board, where you agree with any of the Democrats, and you could therefore have something to say favorably, maybe Trump is the one for you?

The GOP field in 2016 was hilariously deep. You had centrist blue state governors all the way out to Rand Paul and Ted Cruz, and even Ben Carson if you like your crazy chocolatey and Christian. Choosing Trump out that field is a flaw with the GOP at the real American voter level, not with the candidates. Pataki, Cruz, Kasich, Paul, even neocon shitheels like Bush and Rubio.

The same can be said of the (D) field in 2020. There were pro-gun, pro-weed, Red State Governors. Swing state governors. All the way to Pocahontas and Bernie out in left field. If there wasn't anyone to say one thing favorably about, you are looking on the wrong side of the aisle.

Faulting the DNC for any of this...that's like faulting someone in a toll booth because you don't like high speed rail or Teslas.
Who puts up the candidates if not the DNC? Who runs the circus?

Retired ANSI N45.2/ASME Secton 3 Quality Assurance Certified Lead Auditor here. Build ‘em, especially with today’s technology. It takes more than a candidate’s position on Nuclear power to get me on board.

Who should I be taking a closer look at?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Who puts up the candidates if not the DNC? Who runs the circus?

Retired ANSI N45.2/ASME Secton 3 Quality Assurance Certified Lead Auditor here. Build ‘em, especially with today’s technology. It takes more than a candidate’s position on Nuclear power to get me on board.

Who should I be taking a closer look at?
The candidates put up the candidates. They say they want to run while registered as a Democrat. There is no running the circus, and if there was going to be someone running the circus, it wouldn't be the DNC. The Democrats have always been like this. Will Rogers quote about not belonging to an organized party, he's a Democrat.

I understand that it takes more than a candidate's position on nuclear power, but there is a non-zero number of things in their favor to be said then.

My guess is you should take a look at anyone other than Sanders, Warren, and Williamson? Gabbard is anti-nuclear for example but maybe that's not an important issue to you.

Since all the leading climate scientists say we cannot address climate change without significant nuclear power, supporting nuclear power - or not - is a clear signal about how serious a candidate is about climate change and how serious they are about science over mere activism.
...snipped some....

Bennet, Booker, Delaney, Hickenlooper, Klobuchar, Moulton, Ryan and Yang support existing and new nuclear plants as necessary to address climate change. Warren seems open to nuclear but has not discussed it much.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Here is what you should take a look at for starters:

I got a high of 87% for Steyer down to 76% Biden - who was 6 points aft of Bloomberg at 82%. Trump came in at 32%. If you get Trump and then a list of Democrats, maybe that explains things?

That survey is not half bad. There's a shitload of topics, you can keep expanding on certain sections, and you can say how important an issue is to you as well.

It covers pretty much every foreign policy hotspot with the exception of Venezuela. Immigration, the wall, work visas, charter schools, abortion, taxation, Medicaid, the VA, the electoral college, assault weapons buybacks, on and on and on.

Last edited:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
When did Bernie ever slip?

Old =/= senile
I have to follow up having suffered through 20 minutes of that Joe Rogan with him.

He's nowhere near as bad as Biden and Trump. I have to give him that. His heart may be the most feeble of the three; I'm not sure. But his clarity of thought is light-years away.

I might even promote him to senile-adjacent. We'll see.

Reactions: rice

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
The candidates put up the candidates. They say they want to run while registered as a Democrat. There is no running the circus, and if there was going to be someone running the circus, it wouldn't be the DNC. The Democrats have always been like this. Will Rogers quote about not belonging to an organized party, he's a Democrat.

I understand that it takes more than a candidate's position on nuclear power, but there is a non-zero number of things in their favor to be said then.

My guess is you should take a look at anyone other than Sanders, Warren, and Williamson? Gabbard is anti-nuclear for example but maybe that's not an important issue to you.

...snipped some....
I’m pro nuke more for the efficiency than the dreaded global warming. I’m a proponent of alternative energy, that’s what I use.

Isn’t Klobuchar the only one that hasn’t dropped out?

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Here is what you should take a look at for starters:

I got a high of 87% for Steyer down to 76% Biden - who was 6 points aft of Bloomberg at 82%. Trump came in at 32%. If you get Trump and then a list of Democrats, maybe that explains things?

That survey is not half bad. There's a shitload of topics, you can keep expanding on certain sections, and you can say how important an issue is to you as well.

It covers pretty much every foreign policy hotspot with the exception of Venezuela. Immigration, the wall, work visas, charter schools, abortion, taxation, Medicaid, the VA, the electoral college, assault weapons buybacks, on and on and on.
You caught me right after my sunset bong rip, I’ll give it a shot and get back to you.