Ok, guys....hear me out......A Bernie-Bloomberg ticket.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
This is a terrible idea. My Florida campaign "naturlol causes" idea is way better than this. You picked someone sure to alienate the center (for the top of the ticket) and someone sure to alienate the country (in case the guy who isn't going to be alive within four years winds up not being alive within four years).

Rich guys are the smallest component of the Republican Party and you're already flipping enough of them. Try not to scare the holy hell living sh!t out of the people who proved they'd come out and vote for you two years ago. The Senate is the better prize than the White House anyhoo. Trump will be a lame duck a little more than two years from now if he wins. Mitch McConnell won't and he's the more formidable opponent.

You want a post-Trump GOP primary with Chuck and Nancy sending Orange Julius background check bills, infrastructure bills, etc. on a weekly basis. RBG can die all she wants if Chuck's got 51 votes.

Bernie = Humphrey and Warren = McGovern.
You're neglecting the fact that demographics and public opinion changes pretty quickly.

Nobody thought that Trump would be elected either.

I think that Hillary-Biden / rite-lite type ticket winning is a thing of the past.

Just think, we went from no queers allowed to white house being covered in rainbow colors celebrating gay marriage, in just short two years.

Reactions: Billy Ocean

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
You're neglecting the fact that demographics and public opinion changes pretty quickly.

I think that Hillary-Biden / rite-lite type ticket winning is a thing of the past.

Just think, we went from no queers allowed to white house being covered in rainbow colors celebrating gay marriage, in just short two years.
dem party still imagines it’s the machine era

nope, it’s the populism era

which swings both left and right

trevorbc

Michael Peterson status
Jun 27, 2012
cold
This is a terrible idea. My Florida campaign "naturlol causes" idea is way better than this. You picked someone sure to alienate the center (for the top of the ticket) and someone sure to alienate the country (in case the guy who isn't going to be alive within four years winds up not being alive within four years).

Rich guys are the smallest component of the Republican Party and you're already flipping enough of them. Try not to scare the holy hell living sh!t out of the people who proved they'd come out and vote for you two years ago. The Senate is the better prize than the White House anyhoo. Trump will be a lame duck a little more than two years from now if he wins. Mitch McConnell won't and he's the more formidable opponent.

You want a post-Trump GOP primary with Chuck and Nancy sending Orange Julius background check bills, infrastructure bills, etc. on a weekly basis. RBG can die all she wants if Chuck's got 51 votes.

Bernie = Humphrey and Warren = McGovern.
So who do you suggest? Andrew Yang is out.

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
Bernie Sanders Has A Lot Of Crazy Plans. Here are just 19 of the insane policy proposals and radical ideas Bernie Sanders would champion as president.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FEBRUARY 12, 2020

.....As Sanders surges in the nominating contest, the sheer extremism of his platform should not be normalized simply because he’s earning a decent slice of the Democratic primary vote. It’s in that spirit we present this list, which conveys the radicalism on which Sanders has built his career and staked his campaign.

1. $34 Trillion Socialized Health Insurance Overhaul.....
2. Mass Bailout of Student Loan Debt.....
3. Making Higher Education ‘Tuition Free’.....
4. Implementing ‘National Rent Control’.....
5. Instituting a Moratorium on Deportations.....
6. Effectively Abolishing ICE and CBP.....
7. Enacting a Green New Deal.....
8. Approaching Abortion as Population Control.....
9. Admiration for Dictators, Communists, and Bread Lines.....
10. Banning Hydraulic Fracking, Which Would Cripple the Economy.....
11. Issuing ‘Dozens’ of Sweeping Executive Orders to Implement Major Policies.....
12. Hiking Taxes, Even on the Middle Class.....
13. Making Taxpayers Fund Political Campaigns.....
14. Allowing Convicted Felons to Vote.....
15. Eliminating the Electoral College.....
16. Legalize Marijuana in the First 100 Days with Executive Action.....
17. Eliminating Nuclear Power.....
18. Nationalizing the Internet.....
19. Eliminate Billionaires
Sanders was quick to adopt Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s idea to impose a “wealth tax” on the richest Americans, but he was also quick to make it rake in even more money for his grand plans. Sanders’ wealth tax would affect more households and with a higher top rate than Warren’s plan.

When The New York Times asked Sanders if he thought billionaires should exist in the United States, he said, “I hope the day comes when they don’t.” He added, “It’s not going to be tomorrow.”

He also said he wanted to tell “the wealthiest families in this country they cannot have so much wealth.”
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
Bernie on the heels of Trump would be finishing blow. The right cross follow up to the hard left hook to the body. No can defend. :bricks:

• Haha
Reactions: ratfink

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016

Do you know who is the only president of the US to enter office in support of gay marriage?

Donald J. Trump.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach

Public opinion changes way more quickly than demographics, and going all in on like 27% of the electorate (young people) is an atrociously bad idea.

Reactions: Ifallalot

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
So who do you suggest? Andrew Yang is out.
Anyone other than Sanders or Warren. I might even take Bloomberg over them.

This election isn't about turning out young people. It's not like nobody who is young knows who Bernie is. They've known for 5 years now. He already has everyone he's going to have. There aren't new Bernie voters out there under 30 who haven't heard the word.

It's about keeping the people who flipped the House in the Lakes States (the states needed to win the White House) and not scare the living sh!t out of people in Colorado, Arizona, Michigan, New Hampshire, North Carolina...

Bernie scares the living sh!t out of the suburbs that won back the House in 2018.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
This.

It's because every 20 year old thinks that they will never be 80 and if they do, they will be super fit 80 that surfs every day. lol
Bloomberg is 77. His positions are dog doo doo but nobody doubts his ability to know which state he's in or what his own name is.

Trump, Biden, and Bernie?

No. They're not all there. There are regular failures of the SMTP server in the ears to send emails to the processor, and there are vast bad sectors of disk space.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Anyone other than Sanders or Warren. I might even take Bloomberg over them.

This election isn't about turning out young people. It's not like nobody who is young knows who Bernie is. They've known for 5 years now. He already has everyone he's going to have. There aren't new Bernie voters out there under 30 who haven't heard the word.

It's about keeping the people who flipped the House in the Lakes States (the states needed to win the White House) and not scare the living sh!t out of people in Colorado, Arizona, Michigan, New Hampshire, North Carolina...

Bernie scares the living sh!t out of the suburbs that won back the House in 2018.
I don't think that Bernie will necessarily win but this is the direction in which things are going and should be going.
The whole idea of having the right wing party and a centrist party seems kinda silly.

Democrats didn't give a sh!t about the working class for a long time...

Also, the whole thing of voting for candidates who you think stand the best chance, instead of voting in what you beleive in, is why we always have to choose between the lesser of two evils.

Especially since it's proven in 2016 that these predictions are useless.

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
I know who will get the nod. You idiots will have to fight it out first.

Last edited: