OK Boomer

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
That's because you still have the same views as an idealistic college sophomore with no life experience.

Sad
You go around and "like" every moronic vomit that GrossDad spouts on erBB.

Universally voted the stupidest man or erBB.

Glass houses and stuff.

Keep claiming that you got "smarter" since your Proud Boi lobotomy, nobody's buying it.

And changing opinion on an issue and completely discarding your principles, are two different things.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Compromising on policy is one thing, and arguably a necessary evil. Having a voice that sounds boring, even on NPR which is about as boring as it gets, seems like a non-starter. Personality matters.
You are right that NPR is boring and that nothing could kill the shattered subsidiary hulks of the old media faster than a President Klobuchar. She wouldn't have the biggest, most beautiful TV ratings that are all anybody is talking about, believe me. I do see the benefit of a Biden v Trump or Sanders v Trump general; if I was trying to sell prescription drugs and entry level luxury cars because my network didn't have the commemorative gold coin, copper socks, and mail-order survival gear demographic on lockdown, and I couldn't air bum fights, a geezer fight would be the next best option.

Do you have any thoughts on Cory Booker and/or Pete Buttigieg?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
You go around and "like" every moronic vomit that GrossDad spouts on erBB.

Universally voted the stupidest man or erBB.

And changing opinion on an issue and completely discarding your principles, are two different things.
FecalFace if we really want to beat Trump maybe we should shut the fuck up and get on the Tulsi train?
I mean thinking analytically, I'm with you. You ask her something she hasn't prepped for, and she starts saying chip reader error, re-insert card, over and over again. You look at the platform, and you wonder, how the hell is this winning some 55 year old guy in a John Deere trucker hat.

But look at the field tests. She co-sponsors background checks and assault weapons bans, and GromsDad is shilling for her.

I mean we have, literally and unironically, emphasis on the iron, paleo-dieting Joe Rogaine experience listeners shilling for a vegan.

Our hypotheses we were well-founded and thoroughly researched. And should be chucked out the window based on the results of the experiment. The encore to the half black half-hearted Christian Hawai'ian is apparently a whole Hindu Hawai'ian. It's genius. How in the hell is Hannity going to queef himself into a seizure about Dijon mustard on a burger when BEACH DON'T EAT BURGERS!!1111!!!!!!!

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
Tulsi is pretty but she has some weird facial skin issues.
She had a rough bout with acne at one time (maybe in the military?), but man those hyper-hormonal imbalance chicks are off the charts in the sack. Can't get enough.

She brings that passion to the campaign, and she can at least "sound" half-way sane and intelligent compared to the other far-left wacks on the campaign preaching insanity like a new religion.

• Wow
Reactions: lagunaboy

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
You are right that NPR is boring and that nothing could kill the shattered subsidiary hulks of the old media faster than a President Klobuchar. She wouldn't have the biggest, most beautiful TV ratings that are all anybody is talking about, believe me. I do see the benefit of a Biden v Trump or Sanders v Trump general; if I was trying to sell prescription drugs and entry level luxury cars because my network didn't have the commemorative gold coin, copper socks, and mail-order survival gear demographic on lockdown, and I couldn't air bum fights, a geezer fight would be the next best option.
Agreed for the most part. Biden vs Trump, I would bet on Trump. Trump will simply out-troll and out-dotard Biden, putting BIden on constant defense. In combo with Biden's senior moments, t would be sad.

IMO Bernie could pick up a lot of the voters who were on the fence between HRC and Trump, but have buyers remorse from voting for Trump. There were a lot of voters who supported both Bernie and Trump. I also think Bernie would fare better on the debate stage against Trump compared to Biden.

Do you have any thoughts on Cory Booker and/or Pete Buttigieg?
I made a halfway favorable comment on this very forum about Corey Booker a year or so back and got my hand slapped for it by one of the more #woke posters, so I'm not sure if I'm being set up here? LOL, I don't know. I listened to him on Tim Ferriss (before I graduated to Rogan) and thought he sounded like a solid dude, and based my comments on that. However he seems to shoot down any sort of legislation aimed at reigning in prescription drug pricing, which is kind of a deal breaker for me. I haven't heard enough of/about PB to form an opinion.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I think Bernie would do worse than Biden and I'm #slept; no setup. Booker sounds like a positive dude and not too far left for my tastes. He IS a pharma donation recipient though.

Bernie to me would rival Biden for Senior moments, and I don't think he has Biden's depth/breadth of knowledge. Plus I might shoot myself if I have to hear a non-economics/fiscal/health care/labor question get pivoted to "a political revolution for working families".

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
The problem with our system is that you can only make slow change in the long term if you want to get stuff done.

A lot of necessary changes are counter intuitive.

It's just hard.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
The problem with our system is that you can only make slow change in the long term if you want to get stuff done.

A lot of necessary changes are counter intuitive.

It's just hard.
I think the slow change is a feature, not a bug, given how split the country is. If there were House/Senate majorities and the Presidency with one party, and that party was actually competent and not a bunch of grifters and zealots like the GOP, or didn't try to get one grifter/zealot to vote for their Health Care bill when they had control of all three (cough Obama cough) an amazing amount of stuff could get done quickly.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
"Most of them are dissatisfied with democratic institutions because they find that these do not necessarily prevent a state or a policy from falling short of some moral standards or of some political demands which may be urgent as well as admirable. But these critics misdirect their attacks, they do not understand what democratic institutions may be expected to do and what the alternative to democratic institutions would be. Democracy provides the institutional framework for the reform of political institutions. It makes possible the reform of institutions without using violence, and thereby the use of reason in the designing of new institutions and the adjusting of old ones. It cannot provide reason. The question of the intellectual and moral standard of its citizens is to a large degree a personal problem....It is quite wrong to blame democracy for the political shortcomings of a democratic state. We should rather blame ourselves, that is to say, the citizens of the democratic state. In a non-democratic state, the only way to achieve reasonable reforms is by the violent overthrow of the government, and the introduction of a democratic framework. Those who criticize democracy on any moral fail to distinguish between personal and institutional problems. It rests with us to improve matters."

Karl Popper

Reactions: FecalFace

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
'let's support institutional change by electing Biden!!!'
Let's not pretend change is possible with McConnell running the Senate, and instead focus on mitigating the long-term damage, by picking someone who can actually beat Trump with the voters that matter in the states that matter.

Or we could pick a real progressive, get smashed, and have a 6th zealot on the bench. And probably a young tard to replace Thomas.

You and I will be on rapidly diminishing Social Security next time we have a court that's not stuck in the 1880s.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Let's not pretend change is possible with McConnell running the Senate, and instead focus on mitigating the long-term damage, by picking someone who can actually beat Trump with the voters that matter in the states that matter.

Or we could pick a real progressive, get smashed, and have a 6th zealot on the bench. And probably a young tard to replace Thomas.

You and I will be on rapidly diminishing Social Security next time we have a court that's not stuck in the 1880s.
That is end game, run up yuge deficits and then cut everything that helps the average American to the bone. That was the dream of super grifter Paul Ryan.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I think Bernie would do worse than Biden and I'm #slept; no setup. Booker sounds like a positive dude and not too far left for my tastes. He IS a pharma donation recipient though.

Bernie to me would rival Biden for Senior moments, and I don't think he has Biden's depth/breadth of knowledge. Plus I might shoot myself if I have to hear a non-economics/fiscal/health care/labor question get pivoted to "a political revolution for working families".
What Bernie was able to do was be a hero to the working class. Even if it’s pie-in-the-sky unicorn nonsense, he was able to rally voters in a way that Biden and most other candidates cannot.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
This.

It's like the minions want to replaced a flawed system with more flawed system.

That dumb.
That's exactly what is going on with your people. How do we fix a failing, corrupt government? Let's add to it!