OK Boomer

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Good leaders don't go into government.

We don't need a good leader, we need to be leaders ourselves.
One of the things I learned teaching is that intuitive learners don't get how non-itutive learners need help.

Dumb people can be trained with modeling and repetition.

When I do this, the intuitive learners balk.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
FecalFace if we really want to beat Trump maybe we should shut the fook up and get on the Tulsi train?
I mean thinking analytically, I'm with you. You ask her something she hasn't prepped for, and she starts saying chip reader error, re-insert card, over and over again. You look at the platform, and you wonder, how the hell is this winning some 55 year old guy in a John Deere trucker hat.

But look at the field tests. She co-sponsors background checks and assault weapons bans, and GromsDad is shilling for her.

I mean we have, literally and unironically, emphasis on the iron, paleo-dieting Joe Rogaine experience listeners shilling for a vegan.

Our hypotheses we were well-founded and thoroughly researched. And should be chucked out the window based on the results of the experiment. The encore to the half black half-hearted Christian Hawai'ian is apparently a whole Hindu Hawai'ian. It's genius. How in the hell is Hannity going to queef himself into a seizure about Dijon mustard on a burger when BEACH DON'T EAT BURGERS!!1111!!!!!!!
So you're attacking someone for having views that your ilk agrees with? And then wondering why the other side is a fan of her as well?

The definition of bipartisan appeal is making everyone equally unhappy while making the teams happy on other issues.

But then again, you said you're a Booker fan in this thread so it might be time to start giving your opinions as much credence as I give Fecal's

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
One of the things I learned teaching is that intuitive learners don't get how non-itutive learners need help.

Well that's the whole idea behind the common core math, right?

When I started really looking at the crazy stuff it was just what I'd been doing in my head for certain things. People are just against it because it is different.

In the one semester I took as an Elementary Education major before I changed out of it one of the most interesting classes was the math class. Since we were learning out to teach little shits we learned how to recognize all the things their brains did to figure out simple math problems

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
So you're attacking someone for having views that your ilk agrees with? And then wondering why the other side is a fan of her as well?

The definition of bipartisan appeal is making everyone equally unhappy while making the teams happy on other issues.
I am not attacking Tulsi Gabbard. I am attacking you and grapedrink and Gromsdad and everyone else who thinks Tulsi Gabbard is the only one who isn't insane, when she is more insane than half the field.

I can't believe that someone who has basically the same exact views as every other Democrat, and can't answer a question on the fly, is somehow the darling of the Right among the Democratic Primary candidates.

I don't give half a f--k about the assault weapons ban. I don't care that she's a vegan. I don't care that she wants Medicare for All. I don't care that she wants 100% renewables.

I just think you are all high by acting like she has some cross-cutting appeal beyond her appearance given these policy positions.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
It's not fair! Everyone likes Tulsi because she's pretty!
Barack Obama was at least as much a celebrity as a Senator when he won; I don't think it's unfair.

I just don't understand it, nor do I see it lasting, given how all the Rubio Rube/Cruz Missile never-Trumpers I know turned into MAGApedes the moment he won Indiana and Cruz was done. This guy was an adulterer New York Democrat until he was the guy, then, instantly, he Da Guy.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I am not attacking Tulsi Gabbard. I am attacking you and grapedrink and Gromsdad and everyone else who thinks Tulsi Gabbard is the only one who isn't insane, when she is more insane than half the field.
Not sure what you mean by the insanity comment or if that is a metaphor for something else. They all have a screw loose somewhere, including TG.

I can't believe that someone who has basically the same exact views as every other Democrat, and can't answer a question on the fly, is somehow the darling of the Right among the Democratic Primary candidates.
You are actually proving my point, in that she does have cross party appeal. Just look at the political cross-section of posters here who find her palatable in comparison to the rest of them. Which means she is more likely to take moderate and independent votes from swing states.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Well that's the whole idea behind the common core math, right?

When I started really looking at the crazy stuff it was just what I'd been doing in my head for certain things. People are just against it because it is different.

In the one semester I took as an Elementary Education major before I changed out of it one of the most interesting classes was the math class. Since we were learning out to teach little shits we learned how to recognize all the things their brains did to figure out simple math problems

"Two out of three children did not meet the standards for reading proficiency set by the National Assessment of Educational Progress, a test administered by the National Center for Education Statistics, the research arm of the Education Department."

While I agree with you that people need to be their own leaders, we clearly have way too many stupid people in this country virtue of trickle-down academics. But why read when there's Instagram and Youtube?

Reactions: Ifallalot

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
So you’re telling us that two decades of focusing on standardized testing, standards-based instruction, and common core standards didn’t move the needle even a little bit?

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca
Barack Obama was at least as much a celebrity as a Senator when he won; I don't think it's unfair.

I just don't understand it, nor do I see it lasting, given how all the Rubio Rube/Cruz Missile never-Trumpers I know turned into MAGApedes the moment he won Indiana and Cruz was done. This guy was an adulterer New York Democrat until he was the guy, then, instantly, he Da Guy.
I think the Rubio/Cruz guys were quick to abandon ship because they didn't want Comet Ping Pong Pizza and Benghazi Bagels opening shop in the WH basement.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois

"Two out of three children did not meet the standards for reading proficiency set by the National Assessment of Educational Progress, a test administered by the National Center for Education Statistics, the research arm of the Education Department."

While I agree with you that people need to be their own leaders, we clearly have way too many stupid people in this country virtue of trickle-down academics. But why read when there's Instagram and Youtube?

the two biggest problems are school funding formulas and poverty

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
the two biggest problems are school funding formulas and poverty
Not to mention parents who assume zero part of their kids's education and just look at teachers as a babysitter for their kids. And guess what - those kids will be just as dumb as their parents. Hence the trickle-down academics term.

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca
You are actually proving my point, in that she does have cross party appeal. Just look at the political cross-section of posters here who find her palatable in comparison to the rest of them. Which means she is more likely to take moderate and independent votes from swing states.
Or someone is artificially propping her up to split the vote against the incumbent if she decides to run 3rd party.

• Haha

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Not sure what you mean by the insanity comment or if that is a metaphor for something else. They all have a screw loose somewhere, including TG.
When someone other than Tulsi Gabbard says Assault Weapons Ban, 100% renewables, or Medicare For All, it is considered deal-breaker insanity. That is what I mean by insanity.

I never did disagree with you on this in the context of the primary. My points are:

1. That it's based on absolutely nothing of substance re: Tulsi Gabbard policy positions.
2. That her appeal it won't hold up in the General when her written policy positions come under scrutiny.
3. That she'll have a Marco Rubio moment: a flat-footed, no idea what she is talking about pivot to her stump speech, during a debate. It might not be narrated in real time by Chris Christie, but it'll happen.

She's not the only woman. She's not the only veteran. Rubio is the only warmongering imperialist we've seen since McCain.

She has cross party appeal...based on absolutely nothing from what I can tell.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I think the Rubio/Cruz guys were quick to abandon ship because they didn't want Comet Ping Pong Pizza and Benghazi Bagels opening shop in the WH basement.
I'm talking about team sport Republicans. People for whom Seth Rich, Crowdstrike, etc. are gospel truth, and the phone call with Zelenskey was beyond perfect, etc.

People for whom a slight reduction in DoD spending and a slight increase in some of the numbers in the upper income brackets amounts to Stalinism.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Or someone is artificially propping her up to split the vote against the incumbent if she decides to run 3rd party.
I doubt it. Going 3rd party is a one way street, and a certain death sentence for presidential hopes.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I doubt it. Going 3rd party is a one way street, and a certain death sentence for presidential hopes.
Phil isn't positing this as a viable Tulsi Gabbard wins strategy coming from the mind of Tulsi Gabbard and her campaign, he's positing it as a Tulsi Gabbard splitting the vote is highly useful strategy for the GOP and FSB.

I don't even know if she'd win her House primary.

Reactions: Phi1

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA

At some point in my development, discovered the beauty of rote memorization.....lots of work up front meant that later I could just remember and not have to think. A bit less satisfying, but then again, how much satisfaction do you need when doing your "times tables"?