OG FLYER

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Interesting. I just went back in the shop, the 6'0 was gone so couldn't compare, only the spinetek version which kind of fell like mine though. However I grabbed the 5 11 which was still there and fook that fell thick as hell !! much thicker than my 5'11. Super thick in the chest and going super thin on the nose, much more pronounced than my 6'0. A friend of mine who is 185 too has a 6'0 and loved the board BUT he said it paddled like sh!t ! he had to order a 6'1 which is 34.5L cause it was so bad. I told him i don't understand why he said that, my OG paddles very well, no issues at all. At 900 AUD for CI, how can this happen ...
Oh. You’re in Australia....

Mudbone

Nep status
Jul 19, 2009
San Whan
nice pic greg. wish they made one with that planshape and modern bottom contours. keep it low rocker for the avg dues not the pro rippers. ci has a tendency to make super hp boars they market as gravel boars. my flyer f doesn't come out until it's shoulder high with push. not a gravel boar in any sence
I had one for 6 weeks. Hated it. Sold it and bought a round tail Fever.
Go Fever, Great board.!! Goes great in a wide range of waves.

Mat6920

Legend (inyourownmind)
Apr 10, 2017
Fever is sickkkkk but I found that it s really a good wave board, didn't find it good under 3 foot. OG is really sick I m loving it

Reactions: Havoc

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
So I finally got a Fever and finally got some waves on it. I like it a lot.

It’s a good match for me for sure. Single concave and continuous rocker from here on out.
I've been looking hard at the fever. The proton is my favorite board ever. I'm on the fence if I should buy another custom proton or go with the fever.

Single Concave and continuous rocker is magic when the surf is good.

surfysurfy1476

Nep status
Jan 27, 2018
Fever is sickkkkk but I found that it s really a good wave board, didn't find it good under 3 foot. OG is really sick I m loving it
So I finally got a Fever and finally got some waves on it. I like it a lot.

It’s a good match for me for sure. Single concave and continuous rocker from here on out.
I kinda want one after watching stab in the dark but my mbm has been going really good lately so theres no need.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I've been looking hard at the fever. The proton is my favorite board ever. I'm on the fence if I should buy another custom proton or go with the fever.

Single Concave and continuous rocker is magic when the surf is good.
Think of it as a tuned down Proton with a very wide range of wave it works on.

I had a Proton about a year or so after they first came out. Loved it, for good good waves. Too limited of a range, tried a “Pro Low” (lower rockered Proton) and eventually picked up a semi-Pro (original one) which was money but I snapped it fairly quick. I never get a repeat of any board I snap.

I think you’ll be very happy with a Fever.

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
I had a 6'4 Proton (which was my step-up) which I loved in good waves (which was what I tried to only ride it in), but if I was eyeing a section that I wanted to hit down the line and there was any sort of flat section to get through, I kind of had to write it off what I was hoping to do.

I borrowed a 5'9 Spine-Tek OG Flyer for a few days, which was really close dimension-wise to the 5'11 Spine-Tek Fever I ended up buying (The OG Flyer was an 1/8" wider, but both are 27.9L) and much preferred the Fever. The Fever (IMO) just had more get up and go. I thought it still had some zip even in the thigh to waist zone, but my NB2 (Varial) has taken over low-end duties and is pretty hard to get off of on waves under head high.

The OG Flyer was perfectly fine, but seemed slower to react than the Fever. Hard to beat a Proton in good waves though. I've probably done the biggest hacks of my life on my old one and the biggest/best barrels. It sadly lost it's life on the monster swell that we had in the South Bay March of 2014.

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
anyone else riding an og flyer? have a flyer-f that works well but is very foiled out and hp. i think its really a squash tail whip. noticed that my flyer f paddles insanely well and catches waves well