Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
  • Haha
Reactions: manbearpig

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Way to self own to you ya fukking dumbass. According to your own link China has ZERO wind turbines 15 miles or more at sea.
I love when fatdad thinks he’s making some kind of point.

we’ll add this to another self own.

2 in the same thread!

the first listing is just under 14 miles offshore you dumb fuck :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
How many of China's windmills are 15 miles from shore in the ocean? There are places where wind turbines are a good idea. 15 miles out in the Atlantic in a harsh salt air environment isn't one of them.

1. google is your friend.

2. how many miles would be acceptable?

3. aren't oil drilling platforms in a harsh salty environment?

4. don't fool yourself into thinking that the engineers and people much smarter than all of us haven't thought of all this stuff.

Reactions: Chile Verde

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
1. google is your friend. According to wikipedia the answer to my question turned out to be ZERO.

2. how many miles would be acceptable? You tell me. How much petroleum are you willing to burn to build and maintain wind turbines?

3. aren't oil drilling platforms in a harsh salty environment? Apples and oranges. Return on investment is huge on oil drilling and results in inexpensive petroleum.

4. don't fool yourself into thinking that the engineers and people much smarter than all of us haven't thought of all this stuff. When government grant money is in play don't kid yourself. Just because something is possible doesn't make it prudent, profitable or green.

• Haha

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
For every KW of power generated by Wind and Solar there needs to be a fossil fuel or nuclear source of electricity generation behind it. It's the ultimate government-corporate welfare boondoggle.

Europe is so fucked right now due to their reliance on solar and wind with power shortages being common.

Efficiency is the key to reducing stack emissions from electric generation. The biggest bang for the buck is distributed generation, which results in an immediate 20% reduction in stack emissions due to reducing line losses and the conversion of electricity to heat through resistance. There's a place for wind and solar in DG but the utility scale wind and solar farms provide very to no little benefit.

• Haha

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
They are planning a wind farm 15 miles off the beaches where I live. The vessels that will be building and maintaining the wind turbines will be running out of a facility 110 miles away. How much diesel fuel will it take to build and maintain the turbines over the course of 15 years?

The company whos name is on the side of this ship is who will be building the windmills off my shore.

• Haha