Official ***Wisdom that my Dad taught me thread ***

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
I am around 10 y/o and we notice our friendly neighbor washing her car, 'Someday you're going to want to suck on those.'
Thought he was full of sht at the time.

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
Dads sex talk - can’t remember it exactly: “if you’re gonna poke it make sure to wear a hat”

I didn’t even know wtf he was talking about at the time.

Slabsplease

OTF status
Mar 5, 2015
Good Father thread, got a very close family, I preface with that because my dad's words of wisdom might give the idea of the opposite, but he only meant it in a "somewhat" joking manner and more in regards to not to being bound in all the ways possible. Even my closest friends that grew up around him know the following..."Don't ever have any kids and don't ever get married"...lol, I've gladly stuck with both and live vicariously via nephews/nieces/girlfriends/etc and have no plans to do either (but stoked and respectful to those that do)...peace

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
If you come back with medals (Vietnam), I’ll kill you.

(He was an Army lifer, 4 years South Pacific WWII,1 year Korea, 1 year Laos/Vietnam)

• Wow
Reactions: the janitor

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
Going to my dads celebration of life Saturday.

I plan to share some of his words of wisdom.

Stereotypes exist for a reason.
Accidents don't just happen. They are caused.
When you grab hold of something, grab it like a man not a little fucking pussy.
Close the fucking door. It costs me $5 every time you leave the door open with the heat on.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
i can only think of a bunch of things that i tell my son, that my dad should have told me....

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
My dad was an electrical engineer working on fiber optics for satellites in the 1960's for Aerospace and then in the 70's 80's for Hughes Aircraft. When I was real little he would brnig home pictures of the satellites he was working on. Then came Reagan and his Star Wars initiative and I think all his work went top secret. He stopped talking about it and seemed stressed out.

I couldn't have learned what he knew if I tried. He would get so frustrated trying to help me with my math homework.

He did teach me by example how to be patient with a difficult woman (my mom). And by negative example to exercise like crazy (he died at 58 of a heart attack).

Last edited: