*** Official Western Australia Margaret River Pro Contest Thread ***

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Wind forecast dramatically improved for the last day of the waiting period. But I think they need more than a full day of competition. Today should be off, they will likely run all the way to the Quarters (men's and women's) sometime between Friday and Saturday then Sunday we're gonna have a finals day with the best conditions of the entire event. At least looks like it.

1713359878660.png

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Liam is sick. Kinda reminds me of Dillon Perillo.

I like how Jacob Wilcox surfs as well.
Reef is sick too.

I'm not bummed about losing anyone to the cut.
Maybe Miggy, I guess.

sickdog

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 5, 2006
This just in;
WSL to pay equal prizemoney to transexual bodyboarders.
(Source; Sick Dog News Corp.)

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
Watching that last women's heat yesterday was BRUTAL. Two restarts. 40 minutes of sitting while Joe yammered on about one thing or another and how exciting it is when the waves come and they're both super smart competitors and keeping their legs warm and blah blah blah blah :barf:

I'm glad waves came and it became contestable and they both put up good scores, but to have put them out in that crap, especially with Alissa's place in the CT on the line (spoiler: she lost and got cut), was cruel. 0/7 for the WSL on that call.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Watching that last women's heat yesterday was BRUTAL. Two restarts. 40 minutes of sitting while Joe yammered on about one thing or another and how exciting it is when the waves come and they're both super smart competitors and keeping their legs warm and blah blah blah blah :barf:

I'm glad waves came and it became contestable and they both put up good scores, but to have put them out in that crap, especially with Alissa's place in the CT on the line (spoiler: she lost and got cut), was cruel. 0/7 for the WSL on that call.
Imma ask why they were allowed to restart when there were clearly rideable waves on the inside?

As for Alyssa, she had plenty of opportunities and check-turned herself off tour. She’ll be back, but she better bring more commitment with her.

Reactions: freeride76

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
Imma ask why they were allowed to restart when there were clearly rideable waves on the inside?

As for Alyssa, she had plenty of opportunities and check-turned herself off tour. She’ll be back, but she better bring more commitment with her.
I was watching those inside waves - they were tiny one turn waves. I was actually impressed neither one cracked and went for one.

And I agree - but it would absolutely suck to get booted without even having a chance to try. Molly is clearly the better surfer.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
I was watching those inside waves - they were tiny one turn waves. I was actually impressed neither one cracked and went for one.

And I agree - but it would absolutely suck to get booted without even having a chance to try. Molly is clearly the better surfer.
one turn waves are still one turn waves.