*** Official Vans World Cup of Surfing thread ***

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
By the time this heat ends Zeke will have lost 2 boards... his magic one that he busted going over Robbo, and the other one that he will punch like crazy. Write this down.
Scratch that, Zeke was a total gent. Nice to see.

Congratz Jack Freakshow Robinson!

Reactions: Maz

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
I really wanna see the ratings now.

someone will be a total Deivid Silva groupie during this Pipe Master, I think he's the only one who can actually double qualify and give up his QS spot.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
1. Kikas
2. Jaddie
3. Yago Dora The Explorer
4. Mathew McGiligan's Island
5. Robocop
6. Alex Borinbeiro
7. Migagain Pupo
8. Euthanasia Ewing
9. Thataustraliandudewithanirishname O'Leary
10. Deivid How Did This Happen Silva
---

Bonus: 11. Morgan GoDeivid Cibilic

Just said Barron didn't make it.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Rankings are up. Stuart Kennedy needs Dievid Silva to double qualify. Too bad Barron missed out. Jorgan Cuizinot gets bounced out of qualifying in Hawaii three years in a row. Ouch.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Rankings are up. Stuart Kennedy needs Dievid Silva to double qualify. Too bad Barron missed out. Jorgan Cuizinot gets bounced out of qualifying in Hawaii three years in a row. Ouch.
I thought it was Morgan Cibilic who would need Devid Silva to Double Qualify. Aren't there just 10 spots? Morgain is sitting in eleventh, Stu in 10th.

fishtank

Gerry Lopez status
Jun 20, 2010
Jack is dominating this event...

HOWEVER...

Wasn't that an interference? Zeke wa going to make an insane barrel if Robbo wasn't in the way. That looks like an interference to me.
likely he would've made it, seems they didn't deem it foul play

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
I thought it was Morgan Cibilic who would need Devid Silva to Double Qualify. Aren't there just 10 spots? Morgain is sitting in eleventh, Stu in 10th.
I thought it was 10 too, but WSL website has a line under the 11th spot saying WCT 2020 qualification.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
I thought it was 10 too, but WSL website has a line under the 11th spot saying WCT 2020 qualification.
I think that line is there because Deivid Silva is currently double qualifying. If (more like when) he loses early at Pipe that will probably change.

doubleup

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 18, 2019
Good contest. The right guy won. Robbo combo'd the field at Sunset, which makes it sorta difficult for Judges to tip the scales. WSL Judges (including priority Judges) gave some gifts on Finals day, or else there might have been a different final four. Kolohe's message to the Judges was right on the mark. He wasn't claiming, that was a well deserved gesture of derision.
Can we get more WSL commentators like Ross Williams and lose the frothy fan boy chatterboxes?

Last edited: