***Official Surf Podcast Thread***

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
Tom Curren episode dropped on Surfers Journal Soundings today
I like Jamie Brisick's podcasts, but interviewing Tom was doomed to fail from the start. Jamie tried to get him to open up, but he would end up saying what he hoped Tom would say whilst Tom just said, "Um, yeah...kinda...good...so."

tedshred

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 15, 2008
Anyone ever listen to the Stab Podcast? Its like a morning radio talk show for surfing. Light and you dont have to pay too much attention. Brendan Buckley is pretty hilarious too. Not as good as Aint that Swell but still good.

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
I'm enjoying DLS's interview of Parker Coffin, especially the parts about his training regimen and how he transitioned his career to free surfing. The life of a free surfer seems more fun and relaxed than being on the WCT, IMO.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I'm enjoying DLS's interview of Parker Coffin, especially the parts about his training regimen and how he transitioned his career to free surfing. The life of a free surfer seems more fun and relaxed than being on the WCT, IMO.
Outside of CI social media, I never see him. I can't imagine he makes enough as a sponsored free surfer to not have to supplement his income with another job/hustle, or in his case, likely mummy n daddy paying his rent

Havoc

Phil Edwards status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
or in his case the QS lolz

btw anyone know what his parents do? that really funds his career from what i hear

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
Outside of CI social media, I never see him. I can't imagine he makes enough as a sponsored free surfer to not have to supplement his income with another job/hustle, or in his case, likely mummy n daddy paying his rent
He was on the Snapt4 edit. He's actually sponsored by Roark - says he goes on 5-6 extended trips with them each year. On the pod he mentioned that the model nowadays is to have lots of surf footage read and built up, and have it available for your sponsors whenever they wanna throw a clip up on social media with product placement.

misterhat

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 21, 2007
or in his case the QS lolz

btw anyone know what his parents do? that really funds his career from what i hear
Very successful contractor of high end homes. I have no knowledge of their business but know a few in OC and South Bay and they make a lot of money.

edit: Pure speculation but I get grandparent money vibes from them as well but who knows.

toowalled

Nep status
Jul 3, 2014
Well do you surf rincon or north shore?

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Been really liking the Surfs Journal Podcast with Jamie Brisick! He is very profesional, asks good questions, and has a pleasing voice. His interview with Mason Ho is pretty funny (shiiiiiiiit). lol. His interview with Dibi Fletcher is good, Nathan Fletcher is good and Kelly Slater is good. Highly recommend.

Reactions: urchined

toowalled

Nep status
Jul 3, 2014
Did anybody listen to Joel tudor on surf splendor? I made it to the ten minute mark before i was over it.Not sure where he gets the viewing numbers, but i looked at wsl Ig longboard posts and didn’t see anything with higher views compared to shortboards.