***Official Surf Podcast Thread***

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
ok I am responding to myself which is kind of weird but whatever.

lot's of travel time lately so...

Peter schroff.... garbage. don't waste your time
dirty water: Britt Merrick... actually pretty good. I really like Britt, even listening to his religious POV and I'm usually anti
dirty water bobby martinez: decent but not that great. just seems like the dude is taken care of and doesn't have to care about much

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Schroff podcast was great

Michael Oblowitz podcast...JFC he was annoying, but hang in there until he starts to completely panic when Derek Reilly starts toying with Oblowitz's supposed wokeness. Indicates things must be pretty gestapo-like in Hollywood right now.

Last edited:

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
I enjoyed Oblowitz, yet also found him overbearing. Derek needs to get a better mic though, both Oblowitz and Schroff struggled understanding him, and it wasn't the accent.

Reactions: urchined

urchined

Nep status
Jul 20, 2019
NCSD, CA
I don’t think chas and Derek work well together as well with a guest (not including longtom). Chas forces himself into a lot of convos which make it awkward. Derek would be better solo with guest. Maybe start with a Derek and chas convo and then one of them take it over for the interview. You can tell some of the guest who are are hardcore surfers really only relate to Derek.

urchined

Nep status
Jul 20, 2019
NCSD, CA
Check out surf splendor podcast. Latest one. He interviews Stretch. His wind surf accident was insane. Said he was not breathing for 20 mins and then brought back to life. I assume many of you know the story about his accident, but damn. And then should should have died from severe pneumonia. He was the first patient ever (patient 1) to receive a ground breaking surgery that’s used now. Good design stuff too. Some cool JJF insight.

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
Yea I enjoyed this one too, but the interview was a little awkward at times, Stretch keeps silent often and DLS had to coax him into talking.

Reactions: jkb

paunch23

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2011
Rep. of Panama, La Barqueta, David, Chiriquí
Yeah, DLS mentioned in the spit podcast he had to warm him up. Stretch thought he agreed to a podcast with an old friend. DLS showed up and Stetch gave him the who are you look.
i was wondering about that. seems like he doesn't enjoy interviews? i don't think he's in any other podcast.

yeah the sound kinda sucks. haven't finished it. but so far so good.
he's definitely very techy. too old to do whatever the hell that fusion thing is...... :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: urchined

ajmojave

OTF status
Aug 26, 2018
the surf splendor and associated podcasts have become really boring for me. I only find them interesting when they have a shaper on.

Reactions: j_mac