***Official Surf Podcast Thread***

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
Dude! The Tyler Allen episode was hilarious! I was laughing the whole time. Tyler is a legend! I love that guy. I love him so much I’m getting him a firewire to ride. Maybe a greedy beaver or one of those Taylor Jensen boards since he likes the stoker. It seemed like DLS was holding back laughing while interviewing him. :ROFLMAO:
I think DLS was cringing most of the time, but kept trying to squeeze something interesting out of the guy...

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
DLS mentions surf comedians, ragland, Tyler Allen, and Sterling Spencer. However, he did not mention Jonathan Wayne Freeman. He actually goes on and references surf comedians a second time and failed to mention JWF?. I wonder if him and Jon have beef? It seemed intentional since clearly JWF is a popular surf comedian. Right?

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
DLS mentions surf comedians, ragland, Tyler Allen, and Sterling Spencer. However, he did not mention Jonathan Wayne Freeman. He actually goes on and references surf comedians a second time and failed to mention JWF?. I wonder if him and Jon have beef? It seemed intentional since clearly JWF is a popular surf comedian. Right?
Because Jonathan Wayne Freeman is not a comedian. He's a human cringe machine.

Hazrus

Nep status
Sep 23, 2016
I've been doing the no-shampoo thing for around 10 years, before DLS started spruiking it.

Didn't tell the missus about it, just stopped using it. Told her at the 3 year mark and she commented that she would never have guessed.

sushipop

Michael Peterson status
Feb 7, 2008
The Dagobah System
Couple things.
Since this has become a male grooming thread—Do y’all who don’t shampoo, use any kind of hair product? I stopped shampooing regularly a couple years ago, but do shampoo once a week since I use some stuff to style my most valuable (for now) asset (besides my ass of course).
Back to podcasts: has Benji Weatherly’s been discussed? Haven’t listened. Could be funny, could be lame after about 2 minutes:

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
Couple things.
Since this has become a male grooming thread—Do y’all who don’t shampoo, use any kind of hair product? I stopped shampooing regularly a couple years ago, but do shampoo once a week since I use some stuff to style my most valuable (for now) asset (besides my ass of course).
Back to podcasts: has Benji Weatherly’s been discussed? Haven’t listened. Could be funny, could be lame after about 2 minutes:
Bro, if you don't EVER shampoo, then you don't EVER need any kind of product! DELCIOUS NATURAL OILS, MAN!

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
You should go full DLS and stop washing your ass hair...natural oils etc..

• Haha
Reactions: JDJ

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
Just listened to Bass interview Matt George on The Boardroom Podcast. God, that guy is a blowhard! He knew everyone, everyone was all his friends, and he knows everything about everything!

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Just listened to Bass interview Matt George on The Boardroom Podcast. God, that guy is a blowhard! He knew everyone, everyone was all his friends, and he knows everything about everything!
I haven't heard this particular interview but have heard others and he never came across as arrogant or a blowhard, moreso incredibly enthusiastic/passionate.

He's pretty entrenched in the surf world, wrote most of the big profile pieces in the 80s into the 90s, usually went and lived with the surfer before writing the piece. So yeah, he probably knows everybody really well. His writing was much better than the more superficial surf writing modern surfers are used to.

On top of that did a lot of other stuff with his life outside of surfing.

I'd like to get Cheyne's opinion.

Last edited:

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
I haven't heard this particular interview but have heard others and he never came across as arrogant or a blowhard, moreso incredibly enthusiastic/passionate.

He's pretty entrenched in the surf world, wrote most of the big profile pieces in the 80s into the 90s, usually went and lived with the surfer before writing the piece. So yeah, he probably knows everybody really well. His writing was much better than the more superficial surf writing modern surfers are used to.

On top of that did a lot of other stuff with his life outside of surfing.

I'd like to get Cheyne's opinion.
Maybe we have different filters. Everything he said was a reflection on how great he is and how important he should be. No humility, just bragging basically. Get the same vibes from his brother...