***Official Surf Podcast Thread***

ciscojaws

Michael Peterson status
Jul 28, 2008
Kook City, VA
Took the words out of my head. His content's funny, but he's going nowhere, fast.

The bit that really put me off him, if where he spoke about people reaching out to him saying that they love his content and that he needs to keep it up.
His reaction "well fuck you."
Haha, he's circling the toilet with the likes of Sterling Spencer - what do people expect?

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
Yeah, no shampoo, bro. Haven't let any of that stuff touch my hair in about 8 years. Was starting to thin and receed a bit, so I was giving myself a buzz cut in preparation for the inevitable, but after taking DLS advice, I haven't looked back!

Was even able* to do a top-knot in the summer!

*Didn't tho. Promise.

Plus DLS has really grown as an interviewer over the years. At the start, he would try to explain way too much, but now he just sits back and lets it flow. Bass is still a kook of a podcaster tho. Makes me cringe all the time, but I guess that's why we love him a little bit...

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Yeah, no shampoo, bro. Haven't let any of that stuff touch my hair in about 8 years. Was starting to thin and receed a bit, so I was giving myself a buzz cut in preparation for the inevitable, but after taking DLS advice, I haven't looked back!

Was even able* to do a top-knot in the summer!

*Didn't tho. Promise.

Plus DLS has really grown as an interviewer over the years. At the start, he would try to explain way too much, but now he just sits back and lets it flow. Bass is still a kook of a podcaster tho. Makes me cringe all the time, but I guess that's why we love him a little bit...
What is this no shampoo thing?

• Haha
Reactions: Goodfish

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
The no shampoo thing is legit - a friend of mine has been doing the same for years too. It's not for everyone, but the basic gist is that shampoo needlessly strips your hair's natural oils that make it look lush. You still "wash" your hair, but that entails just using clean water (i.e: a shower will do it)

I cannot test this hypothesis, not washing hair isn't a choice for me anymore :D

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
Seriously, no shampoo. More luscious hair, plus no need for any 'product' to keep your hair under control cos your sexy natural oils got you covered. Plus no longer frizzy and fluffy hair after a shower.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I fucking shampoo and condish errry day and my barber still calls me The Panther. I jam up a set of clippers no problem.

Maybe no shampoo makes your hairs that fall ojt stick to the ones that haven’t yet.

have you tried laundry balls yet instead of detergent, too?

• Haha
Reactions: jkb and Goodfish

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Dude! The Tyler Allen episode was hilarious! I was laughing the whole time. Tyler is a legend! I love that guy. I love him so much I’m getting him a firewire to ride. Maybe a greedy beaver or one of those Taylor Jensen boards since he likes the stoker. It seemed like DLS was holding back laughing while interviewing him. :ROFLMAO:

• Dislike
Reactions: Goodfish