***Official Surf Podcast Thread***

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
For a good time listen to Jamie Brisicks soundings podcast - Listen to Curren first, and Slater 2nd.
Hilarious how different those guys are, Jamie has to work hard to get curren to say anything and work hard to get slater to shut up. Currens might be the worst podcast I have ever listened to but I totally appreciate TC's approach, you can almost feel his contempt for all this in the silence.

Reactions: silentbutdeadly

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Jamie Brisicks has the best interviews. Great voice. Great questions. I've listened to almost all of his interviews. I agree with menobrah... a good listen.

Reactions: MrCrash

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I met Tyler at the Vans US Open a few years ago and he looked stoned out of his mind.
Maybe he was chiefed out on the show. lol.

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
agreed-probably the most inarticulate DLS guest ive ever heard.
Took the words out of my head. His content's funny, but he's going nowhere, fast.

The bit that really put me off him, if where he spoke about people reaching out to him saying that they love his content and that he needs to keep it up.
His reaction "well fuck you."

Last edited:

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed ATS's interview with Mike Obliwotz. The man has some fascinating stories and a very colourful life.

Core Lords: Mike Oblowitz - AIN'T THAT SWELL - Omny.fm

I can totally understand why he's not more famous in the surf space and that he would rub people up the wrong way, but I feel a real kinship with people like him. Well worth a listen, even if he does bloviate a bit :D

Reactions: TheEl and ReForest