***Official Stanley Cup Thread***

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Well, clearly I do embrace it. Posting on a public message board is by definition public flexing. It’s just weird when people like you and your ilk take such pleasure in being trolls.

And I don’t need to self promote. It just happens organically

is 10-12 times per year every so often? I’m not sure but I sleep pretty well indeed

• Haha
Reactions: LifeOnMars

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
sorry string cheese but Tampas D top 6 and goalie that could be and will be a hall of Famer got this and Brayden Point is gonna play as well oh he was the mvp last cup finals , yeah Colorado can fly but D and goaltending win cups even Pitt Oilers back in the day had the goaltending with the horsepower
Still TB if they do not play trap D all the way to neutral zone well not be able to stop Av's speed " which is unlike any speed seen in nhl past. Also have to be 100% no mistakes moving puck out of defense zone or avs well take advantage. Av's when "speed shut down" stopped have hard time playing slowed down hockey but have matured over the last 3 seasons and can play but when they get frustrated and start making mistakes goes to hell in hand basket fast:bricks:

Watervalley

OTF status
Dec 27, 2016
Huh
Still TB if they do not play trap D all the way to neutral zone well not be able to stop Av's speed " which is unlike any speed seen in nhl past. Also have to be 100% no mistakes moving puck out of defense zone or avs well take advantage. Av's when "speed shut down" stopped have hard time playing slowed down hockey but have matured over the last 3 seasons and can play but when they get frustrated and start making mistakes goes to hell in hand basket fast:bricks:
you can't compare the Oilers last round to Tampa Bay , avs have speed no question and talent , oilers zero d and Nurse was absolutely horrible and hurt , Tampa top 6 d all three pairings solid , Oilers hit me or miss me or faceplant Smith Goaltending , Tampa the Russian Dryden , Avs have Mackinnon and Makar the best period , I will take Corey Perry in the trenches though amigo , hope its a humdinger cheers

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
you can't compare the Oilers last round to Tampa Bay , avs have speed no question and talent , oilers zero d and Nurse was absolutely horrible and hurt , Tampa top 6 d all three pairings solid , Oilers hit me or miss me or faceplant Smith Goaltending , Tampa the Russian Dryden , Avs have Mackinnon and Makar the best period , I will take Corey Perry in the trenches though amigo , hope its a humdinger cheers
No questioning TB cup experience and hall of fame players they have just saying Avs last 5 years has put the puzzle pieces together with speed and have best chance for cup yet and hopefully continue with playoff experience :cheers:

Reactions: Watervalley

Dekerwild

OTF status
Jul 28, 2017
Straight azz whupping for sure. This series is going to be all about home ice advantage. Lets see if the snowflakes melt at sea level instead of this mile high atmosphere.

tsenn

Billy Hamilton status
Feb 11, 2004
san diego
Wow...jumping to see some hockey talk and got the Rome show Smack off...anyway, I thought whoever won game 4 would take the cup...sticking with that. Playoff hockey is still awesome with a big tv and the sound turned up! Miss Doc Mike calling the games...

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Wow...jumping to see some hockey talk and got the Rome show Smack off...anyway, I thought whoever won game 4 would take the cup...sticking with that. Playoff hockey is still awesome with a big tv and the sound turned up! Miss Doc Mike calling the games...
OT was like a Av's shooting gallery last night and when the puck finally went into the net they had broken the siren :foreheadslap:

Reactions: stringcheese

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
OT was like a Av's shooting gallery last night and when the puck finally went into the net they had broken the siren :foreheadslap:
How about that game winner from Kadri?! Have you ever seen an OT winner, in the finals no less, that was so fast that no one knew what happened, even the guy who shot and the ref??

• Love
Reactions: rowjimmytour

hugh shackman

OTF status
Mar 3, 2017
Colorado earned that one. Dark 2010’s with a long rebuild. So much talent..

Tampa will be back though, some interesting decisions to make with cap space this offseason… should keep palat and deal killorn. Hell of a run. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re back next year with that core group. Also wouldn’t be surprised to see Toronto finally break through. I hope not though