*** Official Snow Surfing Thread ***

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
By the time they opened the pass up midday Friday it was too late. NGL was wicked bummed about it so was way stocked to get some turns in td. Totally forgot that with a decent/not skratchy base all you need is a few inches on top to slow down when you have to.

Spent some time exploring “Lower“ Bankshot, such fun terrain to ride.
A6313530-69BA-4B4F-9CBE-CA7B0A942DC4.jpeg

I could go left here and end up in a gully going down and right
C5DCBAB2-F031-4764-8C76-A7690CA3E9AB.jpeg

But this heelside roll in to a (different?) gully looked too tasty to pass up.
A3153D69-B9A1-4C0D-87A9-A1119ED27AF5.jpeg

So many gullies
1C009DB1-DA1B-4420-8AF3-9872029560FA.jpeg

bruhdakine

Miki Dora status
Jul 7, 2003
PNW
The amount of snow piled up in Mammoth was nuts a month ago and it's just gotten deeper. :drowning: We're headed back down in 2 weeks for a 9 day stay. One part of me is hoping things calm down so we can get there and my kids can have contestable days for halfpipe and slopestyle, but the other part of me wants it to keep snowing. Haha.

Reactions: Chocki

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
It's really difficult to manage that much snow. You literally run out of places to put it. I was in Mammoth a couple weeks ago and they were scooping it up and putting it into these huge dump trucks and hauling it out of town down by the 395.

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
No truer words were ever spoken. Anything more than 6" starts to become a beating.

Great images, thanks for taking the time. I'm always trying to keep motivated to stop and get the camera out.

...... Totally forgot that with a decent/not skratchy base all you need is a few inches on top to slow down when you have to.

View attachment 149217

I could go left here and end up in a gully going down and right
View attachment 149219

But this heelside roll in to a (different?) gully looked too tasty to pass up.
View attachment 149220

So many gullies
View attachment 149221

Reactions: Chocki

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
Headed to Eagle Point Utah for the first time this weekend... Our friend has rented the entire resort for a private party on Thursday, and then we're sticking around to ride again Friday.

Its a bit disconnected, where once you slide from the top of the area to the bottom zone, you have to take a shuttle to get back to the highest point. There is also a weird looking traverse to surface lift to get into one of the zones. Plus side is it's never crowded and another 1-2 feet are coming in today - tomorrow, before clearing out to pure sun the days we are riding the hill. Should be A+

We'll be staying in the area of that building that can be seen middle left in the image below, which is considered their Main Lodge / Village area, so park the truck and don't move for a few days unless you are skiing or riding.

Geopac

Billy Hamilton status
Jul 28, 2003
Ballast Point
Headed to Eagle Point Utah for the first time this weekend... Our friend has rented the entire resort for a private party on Thursday, and then we're sticking around to ride again Friday.

Its a bit disconnected, where once you slide from the top of the area to the bottom zone, you have to take a shuttle to get back to the highest point. There is also a weird looking traverse to surface lift to get into one of the zones. Plus side is it's never crowded and another 1-2 feet are coming in today - tomorrow, before clearing out to pure sun the days we are riding the hill. Should be A+

We'll be staying in the area of that building that can be seen middle left in the image below, which is considered their Main Lodge / Village area, so park the truck and don't move for a few days unless you are skiing or riding.

Sounds epic! How does this mountain compare to Brian Head?

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
The amount of snow piled up in Mammoth was nuts a month ago and it's just gotten deeper. :drowning: We're headed back down in 2 weeks for a 9 day stay. One part of me is hoping things calm down so we can get there and my kids can have contestable days for halfpipe and slopestyle, but the other part of me wants it to keep snowing. Haha.
Whats a " contestable" day?

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
This day, I tried to make it to Brighton but traffic was insane and parking lots filled early. They were turning people around.
So after 3 hours of sitting in traffic, I parked 5 miles away and skinned to Solitude, it actually made it more fun.

I’ve heard the parking situation has been bonkers in the Wasatch. Particularly Little Cottonwood. But it seems to be systemic, I’ve heard nightmare stories from the PacNW at ski areas like Stevens Pass and Crystal Mountain. My sister and bro in law took their kids and turned around before they even made it into the lot. Lots of management failures.

Reactions: plasticbertrand