*** Official Snow Surfing Thread ***

bruhdakine

Miki Dora status
Jul 7, 2003
PNW
Haven't been on the -er in a while, but we've had a great season. Tons of DEEP blower pow days over Christmas and New Years and then some spring like conditions this past week. Just made it down to Mammoth on Sunday - here for almost 2 weeks while my kids compete. Pretty mild conditions the first couple of days:

2022-01-18 EKP Mammoth.JPG

2022-01-18 KDP Mammoth.JPG

Last edited:

SeaFoamGreen

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 10, 2009
NorOR
Benders A Boostin! :alien: December was full on storm surge in the PNW. A little warm early here then the goods came over the Holidaze when my pass was restricted until 2pm. Burned a comp ticket I had Xmas eve and got a couple quality arvo/night seshies. Then got kinda burned by to much snow and then a layer of cruuust that killed what could have possibly been the best day in 20 years :cry: Since then high and dry and now off to ColoRadBro with no refresh on the forecast. Will be about the early morning Roy and chasing the sun in the arvo I guess, but Crusty Butt is a resort you want powder? Not the endless groomers the front range resorts offer. Will keep my legs on point and hoping we get nuke time again soon! Only gets warmer from here on out.

The Baker crew scored in December!

Last edited:

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
You are responsible for everything downslope of you. Don’t be a kook.
The only time I ever went after someone with the intent to cause harm, was at Mammoth when some drunk a$$ just about took out one of my kids near chair 25. My son gave me the thumbs up that he was OK and I took after this idiot intent to run him over. I was about 50 yards from the guy when he almost hit a kid in a lesson near the bottom at 15 and ski patrol was there in an instant and pulled his MVP pass.
I was relieved that it ended the way it did with no one hurt. I'm not sure what would have happened had I caught up to him at the bottom, I was seeing red. Getting his pass was yanked was by far the best punishment for this moron.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I got my MVP Pass pulled for a day once. It was a powder day and I was riding Lincoln. Legs were already kinda toast and I was coming in hot to chair 25 for another lap. I just passed the “Slow“ sign and there was a patrolman waiting behind it right as some young teen girl on skis slid backwards into my line and I did a quick heel edge turn to avoid her but it was too late and she fell on top of me almost in a 69. By the time we made contact I was already slowed down and it wasn’t much of an impact. I pretty much caught her. But the patrolman was having non of it. Within seconds he grabbed me by the collar and I spent the rest of the day drinking bloody Mary’s in the lodge. Lesson learned, never happened again.

• Love
Reactions: npsp

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
Love Lincoln. The upgrade of 9 has brought too many people to that side of the Mtn. Would spend hours with my kids turning laps on 25 and 9 with little to no crowd and good snow all day mid mtn.
I almost ran over one of my best friends a couple of years ago in Utah. He was pretty far ahead me but he's slower than me and I was flying and had a good line to pass behind him. Out of nowhere he just falls right in my line. I lay it down and try and stop short but end up hitting him pretty good. Now I only get going real fast on the groomers when there's a real clear path and I have distance to correct.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Love Lincoln. The upgrade of 9 has brought too many people to that side of the Mtn. Would spend hours with my kids turning laps on 25 and 9 with little to no crowd and good snow all day mid mtn.
I almost ran over one of my best friends a couple of years ago in Utah. He was pretty far ahead me but he's slower than me and I was flying and had a good line to pass behind him. Out of nowhere he just falls right in my line. I lay it down and try and stop short but end up hitting him pretty good. Now I only get going real fast on the groomers when there's a real clear path and I have distance to correct.
I had a good collision with this Indian guy at mammoth last season. I was on an intermediate run under gold rush express that kinda traverses towards Lincoln. He had the high line on skiiers right and was moving at a decent clip and I was approaching him on the left side at roughly twice his speed. He was regular foot and I knew I was on his blind side but I saw him going straight and gave him a real wide berth like a solid 30’ and right as I’m about to pass him he cuts hard without lookIng on his heel edge straight into my line. I slammed on the brakes and put my board on my heel edge to avoid him and I think had I reacted a split second earlier I would have been able to avoid contact but I didn’t. My board caught the back of his boots knocking him clean off his feet. He did almost a clean backflip over my head landing behind me. We dusted ourselves off, both apologized and laughed and went on our way. I shouldn’t have passed him on his blind side and he should have looked before cutting hard across the trail at speed.

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
mammoth is decent right now, pretty warm. i wanted to get on it at 830 when the lifts open but wife lagged til about 930
got crowded by 11. takin a break now

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Just booked snowbird for next weekend.

Need to get the stun gun waxed and edged…AFBA5306-D432-4BA8-BB7E-055E05C00482.jpeg

Reactions: Chocki

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
The turns they do is kind of what I want to get out of surfing. Call it super swooping.

Such a great video. “Nature was always my friend”, Japanese snowboarders are always so chill.

Not sure about water but on snow it’s all about the early edge change.

Last edited: