*** Official Snow Surfing Thread ***

bruhdakine

Miki Dora status
Jul 7, 2003
PNW
Did you all see this one?

We've met Austen a couple times over the past few years at various events and he is one of the most infectiously stoked individuals on the planet...and he freakin rips!

bruhdakine

Miki Dora status
Jul 7, 2003
PNW
Earlier this winter my son got to take a couple of laps with T-Rice and a few of his other heros and T-Rice follow cam'd him for part of one run. Very cool experience. My son was pretty excited about it. (photo by Andy Wright)

191215-dirksen-derby-mt-bachelor-wright-087.JPG

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Earlier this winter my son got to take a couple of laps with T-Rice and a few of his other heros and T-Rice follow cam'd him for part of one run. Very cool experience. My son was pretty excited about it. (photo by Andy Wright)

View attachment 85741

Thats fvcking awesome! Did your son get the footage? Care to share it?

Iceman

Phil Edwards status
Apr 1, 2002
NorCenCal
Spent Friday-Sunday at Kirkwood while a friend was taking the Avy class. Friday was gorgeous. Warm but not overly so, 35 runs on some great groomers, and no crowd. Saturday did a little backcountry tour above Caples Lake, then hit the resort in the afternoon. Sunday got a little stormy late morning but it didn't last long. They groomed pretty much everything. I had a blast all weekend.

Back to work for a couple days, then taking off for Utah on Wednesday. Staying by Park City but probably putting a couple of the three days at Snowbird. Forecast looks good! Yeeeew!

Reactions: Kento

bruhdakine

Miki Dora status
Jul 7, 2003
PNW
Mt. Baker and Austen Sweetin for the win (again)! 294" in January:

We we're supposed to go up there this week for the LBS but my son broke his collarbone 2 weeks ago and is on the shelf for a bit. Bummer because it's one of the best events in snowboarding.

• Wow
Reactions: $kully and Iceman

bruhdakine

Miki Dora status
Jul 7, 2003
PNW
Thats fvcking awesome! Did your son get the footage? Care to share it?
It ended up being used as part of an Insta Clip Bachelor posted on their gram. Been meaning to get ahold of the raw footage. He was using a Maxx camera which makes the subjects in front of you look fairly distant so I'm pretty sure it's not as cool as that photo is. lol

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
Reactions: $kully and Iceman

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
Is that an Avy crown near the top of the wall there under the chair? Looked like it could be traverse tracks, but I dont see any that pronounced off the top, its like there is a step a few chairs down..??..

Iceman

Phil Edwards status
Apr 1, 2002
NorCenCal
Is that an Avy crown near the top of the wall there under the chair? Looked like it could be traverse tracks, but I dont see any that pronounced off the top, its like there is a step a few chairs down..??..

It's a combination of traverse lines and the initial drop-in from where the cat track ends at the end of that fence line to the right of the lift. It's actually the opposite of a crown, it's a small ridge.

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
Hello, Saturday. I think I love you :)

Fingers crossed hoping this storm moves through just a bit later than predicted!

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

surfer57

Michael Peterson status
Oct 5, 2007
NJ
Contemplating getting on a directional board. I don't ride switch much if at all and I don't ride park really. Unfortunately also don't make it to the mountain as much as I'd like. Mainly East Coast groomers with the occasional trip out west. But I've never enjoyed my current board a Gnu EcoGenetics 159 much. I've moved around my stance a good amount.

The Gnu Antigravity piqued my interest as a compromise. Considering I'm not riding powder conditions regularly, the truly fishy boards seem like they'd be overkill/not fun in most conditions. Any ideas or opinions on the shape/style?

Going to Sutton in Quebec next weekend, tiny mountain with old school lifts but ~$90 for two days and my buddies family has a house within walking distance. They've had a decent winter snow wise so looking forward to it.

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
Contemplating getting on a directional board. I don't ride switch much if at all and I don't ride park really. Unfortunately also don't make it to the mountain as much as I'd like. Mainly East Coast groomers with the occasional trip out west. But I've never enjoyed my current board a Gnu EcoGenetics 159 much. I've moved around my stance a good amount.

The Gnu Antigravity piqued my interest as a compromise. Considering I'm not riding powder conditions regularly, the truly fishy boards seem like they'd be overkill/not fun in most conditions. Any ideas or opinions on the shape/style?

Going to Sutton in Quebec next weekend, tiny mountain with old school lifts but ~$90 for two days and my buddies family has a house within walking distance. They've had a decent winter snow wise so looking forward to it.
Rode my buddies Burton Branch Manager 159 all last week in UT and loved it. I'm seriously thinking of selling my Never Summer Big Gun 165 and getting a Branch Manager. My only trepidation is that I am not a big fan of Burton's bindings and the slot system. But man that board is so fun I may have to pull the trigger.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Rode my buddies Burton Branch Manager 159 all last week in UT and loved it. I'm seriously thinking of selling my Never Summer Big Gun 165 and getting a Branch Manager. My only trepidation is that I am not a big fan of Burton's bindings and the slot system. But man that board is so fun I may have to pull the trigger.
I just sold my BM155 to a friend. It's a solid board but it was redundant and being neglected in my quiver. I've always liked Burton bindings but have been skeptical of the channel system. Though I've learned to accept it as I'm a fiend for their Family Tree boards. Current Family Tree quiver is Stun Gun 155, Skeleton Key 154 (Craigs Edition), Fishcuit 150 (Blackscale), Landlord 159. I wouldn't hesitate to get the Branch Manager if you could find one, but you should really check out some of the newer family tree boards as well. The Hometown Hero in particular looks awesome. Of if you're looking for a more powder oriented board check out the 3d Fish.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009

The directional trend restored my fire to ride. I'm all about directional camber shapes with some taper. I don't have a true twin in my quiver at this point and I really don't miss having one.

Reactions: npsp

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
Korua Pencil ;)
directional shape similar to the NS Big Gun but with more camber for carving packpowder days.

Reactions: $kully