***Official Snow Surfing 2018 - 2019 Thread***

dl4060

OTF status
Jun 4, 2009
GeoPac said:
Eyeing a surgical pow strike to Baldy Thursday. It will be my first time and curious to get some feedback from those familiar with the place. Most importantly will the lifts be running if its puking snow? Looks like Friday will be Blue Bird but can foresee all of Southern California heading up then. It appears they reopened the road in yesterday. Driving up solo from San Diego so if anybody wants to join in on a strike mission PM me.
The road to Baldy can be very interesting. Very steep with lots of switchbacks. I would do some research before you go. Baldy has terrain that Will make you amazed you are in socal though.

One of the roads to Big Bear is closed, but you can take other routes in. Go to the snow summit website and you can see the open routes.

HarryLopez

Phil Edwards status
Jan 17, 2007
Neck deep
Fresh 18"+ on my deck, roof, driveway = schools clsoed, shovels, snowblowers, roofrakes. :cheers: :bawling:

And its still coming down. Freshie refills going down oer hea!

littlewave

Michael Peterson status
Nov 15, 2009
Orange County
Mammoth last week. Probably best snow I've ever had there. Temps barely got to 20, and were - at night, so snow was light. Also the most snow I've ever seen up there.

Iceman

Phil Edwards status
Apr 1, 2002
NorCenCal
92122 said:
Travis Rice is finally wearing a helmet...

Just got back from Jackson Hole. Got on the mountain pretty much all day Friday and most of the day Saturday. First tram both days. I didn't quite send it that huge, but I took a drop into Corbet's on Saturday morning. Got off balance on the transition/hard right turn, slid on my back for a second, but recovered and made it out on my feet.

JH was awesome. It snowed all week and Friday was the first time the sun came out in a while. It got warm in the afternoon so it got a little chunky, but I found a bunch of pretty steep chutes and bowls that stayed good in the afternoon. It snowed about an inch overnight and stayed cooler most of the day Saturday, so it was still plenty fun. My boots are toast so my ankles are a little sore, but it was a damn good time.

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
Looks like MM popped the 600" cherry over the weekend.
Headed up tomorrow-Friday, looking like another good dump on the way, just hope the wind isn't a factor.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Iceman said:
Just got back from Jackson Hole. Got on the mountain pretty much all day Friday and most of the day Saturday. First tram both days. I didn't quite send it that huge, but I took a drop into Corbet's on Saturday morning. Got off balance on the transition/hard right turn, slid on my back for a second, but recovered and made it out on my feet.

JH was awesome. It snowed all week and Friday was the first time the sun came out in a while. It got warm in the afternoon so it got a little chunky, but I found a bunch of pretty steep chutes and bowls that stayed good in the afternoon. It snowed about an inch overnight and stayed cooler most of the day Saturday, so it was still plenty fun. My boots are toast so my ankles are a little sore, but it was a damn good time.

Holy sh*t
F*ckin badass, iceman
cowabunga
rg

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
Just got back from MM
In all of the years I have been going, I have never seen so much snow, including '83 and 2010-11. Over 630" as of yesterday at the summit and counting.
Anyways, I got clocked by an out of control gal that was buzzed on brownies (by her own admission) and ended up with bruised ribs and couldn't ski the rest of the trip (total yard sale in front of Canyon Lodge).
Sooo....
I have 3 tickets left that I bought at Costco that are good for the rest of the season, and paid $107 a day.
I'll sell them for $80 each (all three) $240 bucks.
PM if you are interested.
BTW, if you want to see, and ski/board some of the most epic conditions you will probably ever experience in your life at MM... GO!
C-Ya!
Eight-O-five/684-one-four-one-five

Iceman

Phil Edwards status
Apr 1, 2002
NorCenCal
Went up to the mountain house Wednesday night with the intention of hitting Kirkwood on Thursday and Friday. Stormed a bunch that night and the road was closed so decided to take a rest day for a change. Glad I did, because Friday was really fun and I had energy to go hard all day. Uncrowded, not super deep powder, but powder none the less, and pretty windy all day which filled in some cracks at the end of the day. There are nooks and crannies that I have never seen so filled up with snow. Even dropped "Once is Enough" for the second time ever. Really fun day.

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
SBSteve said:
Just got back from MM
In all of the years I have been going, I have never seen so much snow, including '83 and 2010-11. Over 630" as of yesterday at the summit and counting.
Anyways, I got clocked by an out of control gal that was buzzed on brownies (by her own admission) and ended up with bruised ribs and couldn't ski the rest of the trip (total yard sale in front of Canyon Lodge).
Sooo....
I have 3 tickets left that I bought at Costco that are good for the rest of the season, and paid $107 a day.
I'll sell them for $80 each (all three) $240 bucks.
PM if you are interested.
BTW, if you want to see, and ski/board some of the most epic conditions you will probably ever experience in your life at MM... GO!
C-Ya!
Eight-O-five/684-one-four-one-five
just got back from MM yesterday. tried chasing a storm that never really materialized. was supposed to snow Sunday afternoon, but never really hit until partly Monday. snowed overnight Saturday so Sunday was pretty darn epic blue bird + powder. Still, I don't think they've got as much as winter of 2016 yet. That year they had to plow under tops of lifts to cut out space for the chairs to run. All the wind this year also has made Chair9 side super icy hard. looks so deceiving over there being powder, but it's rock hard. Chair 14 & 12 as usual had the best snow throughout as that stuff stayed cold and fluffy. still some good powder stashes over there. The snow berms in town are crazy with one whole lane of the two lane road is taken up with the snow pilled up. Ski patrol at MM must be doing a HELL OF A JOB this year. no avalanches will this amount of snow.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Drove up to Willamette last night and shredded all day today. 16" of fresh which was about 3x what I was expecting. Amazingly fun day with patches blue sky making for good visibility, cold temps, minimal crowds and chill vibes as usual. Glad to get a good powder day before the seasons change.

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
I'm claiming it right now... Iceman wins with best pics of the snow season... This is under Kirkwood Cornice Express Chair if I remember correct, near the bottom. Ive had this natural halfpipe pretty good, but never looking like that. :cool:

And if that was actually Iceman dropping the cliff at the top of Jackson on the earlier post, just quit ya'all, he owns the erBB Snowboard crowd... For sure.

Iceman said:
Went up to... Kirkwood on Thursday and Friday. ...Really fun day.

bruhdakine

Miki Dora status
Jul 7, 2003
PNW
Aruka said:
Drove up to Willamette last night and shredded all day today. 16" of fresh which was about 3x what I was expecting. Amazingly fun day with patches blue sky making for good visibility, cold temps, minimal crowds and chill vibes as usual. Glad to get a good powder day before the seasons change.
Jealous. Willy P on a cold deep pow day is as fun as it gets. Stoked you scored!

bruhdakine

Miki Dora status
Jul 7, 2003
PNW
92122 said:
I'm claiming it right now... Iceman wins with best pics of the snow season... This is under Kirkwood Cornice Express Chair if I remember correct, near the bottom. Ive had this natural halfpipe pretty good, but never looking like that. :cool:

And if that was actually Iceman dropping the cliff at the top of Jackson on the earlier post, just quit ya'all, he owns the erBB Snowboard crowd... For sure.

Iceman said:
Went up to... Kirkwood on Thursday and Friday. ...Really fun day.

For sure. charging Corbett's like that is hard core! You're the man Ice!

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
bruddahkine said:
Aruka said:
Jealous. Willy P on a cold deep pow day is as fun as it gets. Stoked you scored!
Willy P, I like that. I always have fun up there. It's definitely not as expansive as the bigger Oregon resorts but it's a couple hours closer to me and just such a mellow scene compared to Bach or Hood.

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
Not gonna go naming spots, but I'm claiming day of the season (any season) at my wife's childhood local here...

Dropping...

bruhdakine

Miki Dora status
Jul 7, 2003
PNW
92122 said:
I'm claiming it right now... Iceman wins with best pics of the snow season...

...I'm claiming day of the season (any season) at my wife's childhood local here...
That's a lot of claiming! Are you Brazilian? :grin: :cheers:

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
bruddahkine said:
92122 said:
I'm claiming it right now... Iceman wins with best pics of the snow season...

...I'm claiming day of the season (any season) at my wife's childhood local here...
That's a lot of claiming! Are you Brazilian? :grin: :cheers:
Sorry. I cant claim much while I'm actually surfing, so... :bomb:

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
Probably the best Ski In / Ski Out experience I've ever had at Squaw Valley last weekend. :cool:

View from our room...

The girls, getting some... Pretty much A+/- conditions...

Saturday night in the Village...