*** Official Shark Thread ***

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Honolua before the women's contest this morning. I don't know any more than what's in the article. Sure hope he comes out alright but it doesn't sound good.
He didn't make it. RIP.

b.r.

Phil Edwards status
Dec 19, 2003
Leucadia
www.youtube.com
My dawn patrolling friend had his second shark encounter in the last couple weeks this morning, the previous one was one breeching outside the line up at georges, and this morning a close swim by at the campgrounds, everyone who saw it got out.
Not to be outdone by the N county GWS, apparently a juvenile nipped the swim fins of a person swimming in Coronado. Beaches closed in Coronado, NO closeouts for you!

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
My dawn patrolling friend had his second shark encounter in the last couple weeks this morning, the previous one was one breeching outside the line up at georges, and this morning a close swim by at the campgrounds, everyone who saw it got out.
Not to be outdone by the N county GWS, apparently a juvenile nipped the swim fins of a person swimming in Coronado. Beaches closed in Coronado, NO closeouts for you!
what time? perhaps its on a surfline cam

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
^^^
thanks!
cool, i'll have to watch that clip!

i just found this 1, link is below:

i just wanna share an idea that i've had,
for yearz ago,whilest paddlin' out to do some ah, shark breachin' observation here in L.A.,
well i had an incident, thee shark came rushin' up and hit my top right of my kayak paddle as i dug in hard on my left side, paddlin' very fast, thee animal, i feel, thought that i was surface prey. i got a good spook, splashed, my buddy, behind me saw it, "oh sheee~it", "that was gnarly" kinda talk afterwards...

the dude in this vid clip up above is out fishin',
BUT he has his paddle in hand, a blade is seen on each side of his 10 - 12 ft yak,
i'd imagine that it almost makes it seem, if seen from under~water,
that he has 2 pectoral side fins also, so is he lookin' like prey, maybe?
a large animal?

when i'm out there, i usually try + keep my pectoral fins,
err my kayak paddle, strapped down, and more often than not, i do paddle around slowly,
if i am doin' shark observation...
:shark:

• Wow
Reactions: ghostshaper

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
^^^
thanks!
cool, i'll have to watch that clip!

i just found this 1, link is below:

i just wanna share an idea that i've had,
for yearz ago,whilest paddlin' out to do some ah, shark breachin' observation here in L.A.,
well i had an incident, thee shark came rushin' up and hit my top right of my kayak paddle as i dug in hard on my left side, paddlin' very fast, thee animal, i feel, thought that i was surface prey. i got a good spook, splashed, my buddy, behind me saw it, "oh sheee~it", "that was gnarly" kinda talk afterwards...

the dude in this vid clip up above is out fishin',
BUT he has his paddle in hand, a blade is seen on each side of his 10 - 12 ft yak,
i'd imagine that it almost makes it seem, if seen from under~water,
that he has 2 pectoral side fins also, so is he lookin' like prey, maybe?
a large animal?

when i'm out there, i usually try + keep my pectoral fins,
err my kayak paddle, strapped down, and more often than not, i do paddle around slowly,
if i am doin' shark observation...
:shark:
good point. probably thought it was a dead humpback carcass.