*** Official Shark Thread ***

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
Juvenile GWS sighting here in SB last weekend at East Beach.

Nobody travel to SB County or you will die.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Juvenile GWS sighting here in SB last weekend at East Beach.

Nobody travel to SB County or you will die.
I have seen one breach locally twice now. Neighbor saw a juvenile diving carp point looking for sea bass.

there are a lot of sharks in this area kind of neat, tell your friends.

Reactions: keenfish

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
I have seen one breach locally twice now. Neighbor saw a juvenile diving carp point looking for sea bass.

there are a lot of sharks in this area kind of neat, tell your friends.
I'm liking the migration up the coast to our beaches. I have a client who lives just up from Santa Claus Lane on Padaro, and we go out and count fins sometimes.

First ever session at his house, he took me out and showed me 7 fins in the water around his house. That one stuck with me.

Pretty sure I've posted here before about the 12' and 14' ones I paddled with.

Geopac

Billy Hamilton status
Jul 28, 2003
Ballast Point
Shark fishing is a good thing. Make shark fishing great again. There's too many.
If my recollection is correct, that's exactly what they would do after an attack on the North Shore way back when. I recall Perry Dane and crew heading out on the hunt post attack and returning with usually a very large tiger shark located in the area of the attack. Seems like that would be justified in this instance. You'd think a few of the locals at that spot would take matters into their own hands for how devastating and gruesome the attack was on one of their comrades.

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
If my recollection is correct, that's exactly what they would do after an attack on the North Shore way back when. I recall Perry Dane and crew heading out on the hunt post attack and returning with usually a very large tiger shark located in the area of the attack. Seems like that would be justified in this instance. You'd think a few of the locals at that spot would take matters into their own hands for how devastating and gruesome the attack was on one of their comrades.

• Wow
Reactions: need 4 speed

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
People have become stupid. Fish those fuckkas and make fish bites and steaks for the grill.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Perry Dane - noted intellectual and conservationist.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr Pecker and sh3

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Shark fishing is a good thing. Make shark fishing great again. There's too many.
Used to be able to get shark served at restaurants. Locally we could get thresher shark and blue shark. I never particularly liked it but that could be from being over cooked as restaurants typically do with seafood.

Reactions: terdroamer

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Thresher and Mako on the grill FTW!

I am not sure the man-eaters are such good eating, though.

Makoman

OTF status
Jun 23, 2003
North East
In my early years I sold a lot of mako which restaurants/stores rebranded as swordfish. Really hard to tell the difference if the skin has been removed, and of course the mako would generally be significantly fresher than the swords coming of the long range boats.

Reactions: hammies