*** Official Shark Thread ***

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
1584905510826.png

FATE WORSE THAN CORONAVIRUS: 25-FOOT-PLUS GREAT WHITE SHARK FOUND FLOATING BITTEN IN HALF IN REPORTED APEX-PREDATOR “RITUAL SACRIFICE!”
Chas Smith

By Chas Smith
2 days ago
Let's keep our eyes on the ball.
But while everyone in the entire world is “self-quarantining” and “self-isolating” and being very scared of microscopic novel Cornonaviruses did you ever wonder if there might be an extremely intelligent apex-apex-apex predator circling around just waiting for humanity’s distraction in order to mete out a fate worse than death?
Consider.
“Man-eating” Great White sharks began an unprecedented and coordinated attack on surfers just eight months ago.
Next, apex-apex predator Killer Whales began toying with those same “man-eating” Great Whites.
Snacking on their livers etc.
Munching delicious pate.
Very scary but then the Chinese Virus hit and everyone lost track of the thread.
Of the true menace.
Terror.
Etc.
Oh I don’t know what it is either. I only know we were getting close to it, much like in HBO’s new The Outsider, but then Chinese Virus…
Though can we gather ourselves for one moment and wonder?
What did this?
The above just released, buried, but absolutely terrifying photograph.
Xi Jinping?
Michael Pence?

tenover

Kelly Slater status
Jan 17, 2003
Point Loma, CA
Here's a little clip from my last trip down to Isla Guadalupe. This male Great White was just following the bait and ended up getting a little "stuck" between the boat and the cage. Luckily, he was able to free himself. If the footage seems redundant, it's because I included footage from all four of us that were in the cage....

Reactions: ~rwright~

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
swimmer in Maine killed by what they think was a shark
rip cold ocean swimmer

hey subway, I just saw on the news that Long Beach kept people out of the water yesterday because of something related to sharks
whats the story there?

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
coast guard was towing a dead whale offshore from i believe Demo point. giant chum ball led to a few sightings i guess. i don't know, my closest brush with any sharks yesterday was sunrise yoga on the beach, then I came home to my well appointed and comfortable pris...i mean, home, for the rest of the day to try to eke out a living.

THere is video out there of two guys on jet skis right up next to the whale with a large great white munching on it, but supposedly there were sightings much closer to the beaches between Jones and LB.

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
coast guard was towing a dead whale offshore from i believe Demo point. giant chum ball led to a few sightings i guess. i don't know, my closest brush with any sharks yesterday was sunrise yoga on the beach, then I came home to my well appointed and comfortable pris...i mean, home, for the rest of the day to try to eke out a living.

THere is video out there of two guys on jet skis right up next to the whale with a large great white munching on it, but supposedly there were sightings much closer to the beaches between Jones and LB.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
They closed the water again for an hour today after another sighting, daily occurrence right now

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I think there is just an added 2020 element to all the decision making

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I just don’t really worry about them. Reunion island maybe I’d pass, but other than that, que sera sera