*** Official SBD Needs a new Drip Coffee Maker Thread ***

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Damnit, this thread has gotten in my head that I need to upgrade the coffee maker. Trusty Cuisinart clock crapped out this month and numbers just became unreadable- so can’t set it overnight.
SBD’s aspirational Breville with the insulated carafe actually looks nice. I usually have to warm up my coffee since my wife starts working (from home now) an hour before me.
@Aruka which moccamaster model did you go with? Give us a ride report. No auto set is a dealbreaker, but how’s the coffee?
Moccamaster brews a nice cup and the lack of auto start really isn't a big deal since it brews so quickly. I've been using a pour over/chemex for years now and I am really appreciating the warming tray of the Moccamaster which keeps the pot warm but doesn't burn it so I can have a second cup that is as good as the first. Overall I'm pretty happy with it so far.

laidback

Tom Curren status
Feb 9, 2007
NOC
Moccamaster brews a nice cup and the lack of auto start really isn't a big deal since it brews so quickly. I've been using a pour over/chemex for years now and I am really appreciating the warming tray of the Moccamaster which keeps the pot warm but doesn't burn it so I can have a second cup that is as good as the first. Overall I'm pretty happy with it so far.
So you went warmer over insulated carafe?