*** Official Rip Curl WSL Finals Thread ***

wedge2

Billy Hamilton status
Jan 20, 2011
Ummm, Flippy would be world champ right now if there wasn't a finals day so........
You're right, just don't like Trestles as the last spot - doesn't really reflect on the whole year as a venue...sick wave, just would like it at a pumping wave.

Reactions: jkb

wedge2

Billy Hamilton status
Jan 20, 2011
Whole season is bunk without Medina and JJF...If I was JJ I'd prob never come back and get lost on my boat for months at a time scoring with my girl and friends.

Reactions: bruhdakine

Joshua2415

Tom Curren status
Jul 18, 2005
San Clemente
I'd love for them to run it and be done, but they're all gonna hang out for the swell anyways so might as well wait for the best conditions.

SClem. local

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 19, 2002
If they are gonna run Trestles with this 'finals' format they should spread out the event into 2 days. Same 5 finalist for both women's and men's, but add in a Master's format too. That way you could either run both womens and men's first 2-3 heats the first day, with a couple custom Masters heats in between. Then the 2nd day can be set up for peak swell, peak tide, and they are not trying to finish in afternoon weaker, windy conditions. Tomorrow will be good, but Friday has the chance of being offshore and epic at times. If they run Friday, I'd put some money on style over airs... but winning 2 of 3 is tough in any conditions.

Reactions: i_ride_spinnaz

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
wtf theyre running the chicks
swells dyin and wind comin up, do they want it to be worse for the men?