*** Official Rip Curl Newcastle Cup Discussion ***

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
I know women can throw down airs free surfing, and I've seen a few in heats, Shoutout Silvana Lima doing some rotes, but I haven't seen a proper big critical air like this in a women's contest before.
The slow rotation on this one was nice and a critical landing

Anyone know any others?

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
Lol, this is farken hilarious!

"Anyway, heat starts and Medina just goes all crash-test-dummy in the shorey for the first half of his heat against that Fred fella. There’s farken Andy King and Dog Marsh, their respective ‘Master Coaches’ sittin’ there, more like farken ‘Master Baters’ if ya ask me. I’m like, this pro surfing caper’s a farken joke, this Medina guy’s a kook, and then, like a minute or so before the hooter he drops this farken floater into the death shorey that’s farken ridiculous, and I’m like, yeah, there ya go. Farken Siiiick.

Honest to God, I dunno what to make of this Medina caarnt. Does me farken head in. Like, he’s a farken machine, rips an’ all, but then he comes in after his heat, knowin’ everyone’s watchin’, turns back around to the ocean, reaches his arms out and does this weird, theatrical blessing / benediction thing, to God or Jesus or whoever, which is fine, but ya know, fark, if I had the Almighty favouring me by His Providential Hand, I’d keep it a bit more on the downlow? Like, I’d be grateful to the Big Guy, but a bit embarrassed too, like, “Thanks Heaps and all, but I’ve got a few world titles and fabulous wealth and a hot missus and Chuckles off my back, so if you wanna go hurl some healing thunderbolts at the 26 million refugees currently seeking to stay on their own Dream Tour instead, I would be TOTALLY farken cool with that.”

But, yeah, I farken know, it’s just what ya grow up surrounded by ay. Nothing determines ya faith a millionth as much as the geo-farken-political lottery of where ya get spat out into the world… And I swear I heard Gabs use the word ‘Mate’ in his post heat yarn, so he’s orright in my book."

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
madonna must be sooo pissed right now

most would be happy with 2nd
but u know he aint

Reactions: Tarab_ish

Tarab_ish

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 14, 2018
Italo letting medina go on that last wave was such a flex, really confident move

Last edited:
Reactions: tenover

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Tuned in on YouTube and began watching last night.........then the YouTube broadcast quit in an effort to force viewers to switch to their website to watch the final heats. Go to their website where I find a play button that doesn't work. Click on it and nothing happens. Gave up.

WSL You suck. Your website sucks. Your player sucks. Your policy of playing finals only on your website sucks. Pulling the final heats off of the most stable and universally used streaming platform on the planet to force viewers to watch on a website that doesn't work is beyond stupid.

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
Tuned in on YouTube and began watching last night.........then the YouTube broadcast quit in an effort to force viewers to switch to their website to watch the final heats. Go to their website where I find a play button that doesn't work. Click on it and nothing happens. Gave up.

WSL You suck. Your website sucks. Your player sucks. Your policy of playing finals only on your website sucks. Pulling the final heats off of the most stable and universally used streaming platform on the planet to force viewers to watch on a website that doesn't work is beyond stupid.
yeait said the finals were on but it was playing replays for me...i gave up
so frustrating

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
ya'll need to disable your adblocker to get vids to play on wsl site.

carissa's air was cool and all but that carve she laid down in the final was much more impressive IMO.

italo is the new gabe. totally freakish and looks unstoppable when he's on. i'm still more of a fan of Jordy and JJF for stylistic and regular-footed relatability reasons but it's impossible to deny his talent.