*** Official Right wingers storm US Capitol Building Thread ***

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Time Magazine: When Rioting Is The Answser

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can urban riots cause change? It’s a bit of a paradox. As Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., said in 1968, “I think that we’ve got to see that a riot is the language of the unheard.” Sometimes it takes a riot to bring attention to needed change. Unfortunately, the new action often comes as a reaction to old pain.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There you have it. The left feel that rioting is justified.
it's so funny...he decided, "I'm going to find a way to defend and justify this", and
then proceeded to use his time and energy to construct an argument based on a
clear and obvious mischaracterization of the words he quoted.
it is baffling to me that people will go so far out of their way to reinforce their
wrongness when it is actually more economical and fruitful to simply change
your mind on a particular position when presented with overwhelmingly convincing
evidence
(this post's formatting is dedicated to grapedrink)

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Time Magazine: When Rioting Is The Answser

Can urban riots cause change? It’s a bit of a paradox. As Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., said in 1968, “I think that we’ve got to see that a riot is the language of the unheard.” Sometimes it takes a riot to bring attention to needed change. Unfortunately, the new action often comes as a reaction to old pain.

There you have it. The left feel that rioting is justified.
So you are agreeing with the left? Between you and GrossDad, I'm not sure whose flex is more unusual today.

Will you be attending next week's planned protests? If not, why not?

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
you do realize that Boebert didn't tweet Pelosi's location, right? Those sorts of details matter when it comes to prosecution.
i do. Boebert tweeted that Pelosi had been removed from the chamber. but in the midst of a terror attack, that info was intelligence to people who were actually actively looking for her.

i don't know where the line is here, but on some level - legal/criminal/congressional/ethical/moral/whatever - Boebert crossed it, imho.

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge

throwing that WP symbol which doesn't mean anything to troll the libs
the photo of her with the basket of deplorables is from this 2019 article:

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
There is a very high bar for how the military can engage in domestic affairs. You don't want the military declaring they need to "protect the constitution" and inserting themselves into domestic affairs of their own accord. It is very weird that a lawyer would be using them as an appeal to authority.

Is this from a few pages back? I was responding to the lawyer tweet about the joint chiefs statement.

if sedition is not that bar WTF is?
'and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic'

when the commander in chief is inciting such illegal action does their responsibility vanish?
they didn't do anything but label what they thought was going on. you are saying they should just stand down and watch while ignoring it all?

no, I don't want the military taking action. if other checks fail I hope they do.

continuing downplaying what has happened and happening while facts continue to surface seems... like a pattern here.

Reactions: Aruka

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
It's becoming clear that the assault on the Capitol last week was well-planned. Here are a few of the latest findings:

the links are big news ops.
1610573607456.png

While it doesn't apply to the current topic; I wonder what went down in the past that caused her to use the panic button(s) in her office?

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
guy on CBS says there are more troops in DC right now than there are in Iraq and Afghanistan, combined :oops:

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
if sedition is not that bar WTF is?
'and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic'

when the commander in chief is inciting such illegal action does their responsibility vanish?
they didn't do anything but label what they thought was going on. you are saying they should just stand down and watch while ignoring it all?

no, I don't want the military taking action. if other checks fail I hope they do.

continuing downplaying what has happened and happening while facts continue to surface seems... like a pattern here.
Yes, I am saying they should be on the sidelines, they do not have an active role to play right now. The military stepping outside of the legal framework to insert themselves into domestic issues is what a real coup looks like.

I'm not minimizing the shitshow that went down last week, I think everyone involved should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I also think that times like this are when we need to follow the laws on the books and not give in to a knee jerk over correction (see The Patriot Act).

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
Yes, I am saying they should be on the sidelines, they do not have an active role to play right now. The military stepping outside of the legal framework to insert themselves into domestic issues is what a real coup looks like.

I'm not minimizing the shitshow that went down last week, I think everyone involved should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I also think that times like this are when we need to follow the laws on the books and not give in to a knee jerk over correction (see The Patriot Act).
correct me if I'm wrong but dint you vote for the guy holding the bible ?? ) :)

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal

The dead at the capitol might disagree.
The capitol police should of been allowed to have national guardsmen present to discourage rioting. Or attempting to ‘take the building’ or were they trying to start a civil war.

When the national guard was protecting property in Seattle was that troubling to you?

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
The dead at the capitol might disagree.
The capitol police should of been allowed to have national guardsmen present to discourage rioting. Or attempting to ‘take the building’ or were they trying to start a civil war.

When the national guard was protecting property in Seattle was that troubling to you?
Agree the National Guard should have been there, I've no idea why the Mayor didn't ask for more of them ahead of time, that would have headed off this entire catastrophe.

The State National Guards are the entities that should be responding to supplement local and state police, not the active duty military. Big difference.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
Agree the National Guard should have been there, I've no idea why the Mayor didn't ask for more of them ahead of time, that would have headed off this entire catastrophe.

The State National Guards are the entities that should be responding to supplement local and state police, not the active duty military. Big difference.
Blame the mayor. :roflmao:
The police chief refused offers for help.And he was forced to resign.

I didn’t say anything about other services. Joint chiefs are part of the command structure of the national guard.
The command structure failed and they were warned and people died because of their failure.

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
Blame the mayor. :roflmao:
The police chief refused offers for help.And he was forced to resign.

I didn’t say anything about other services. Joint chiefs are part of the command structure of the national guard.
The command structure failed and they were warned and people died because of their failure.
I think the Mayor gets partial blame for not planning ahead, despite the warnings. The overlapping structures that they have in DC definitely didn't help either, there was crap coordination once things went south so the DC National Guard get partial blame as well.

There is a big difference between a Governor - or in the case of Washington DC, the Mayor - calling in the State National Guard

vs

the 10th Mountain Division getting spooled up to go quell a city via the Joint Chiefs.

I think I've effectively beat this horse into the ground.

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
The clearing of demonstrators from Lafayette Square was widely condemned as excessive and an affront to the First Amendment right to freedom of assembly.[7][8] Just before visiting the church, Trump delivered a speech where he urged the governors of U.S. states to quell violent protests by using the National Guard to "dominate the streets", or he would otherwise "deploy the United States military and quickly solve the problem".[9][10][11]

Former military leaders, current religious leaders, and elected officials from both parties condemned Trump for the event,[12] though some of Trump's fellow Republicans defended the actions.[13] The event was described by The New York Times as "a burst of violence unlike any seen in the shadow of the White House in generations" and possibly one of the defining moments of the Trump presidency.[8] Civil liberties groups filed a federal lawsuit against Trump, U.S. Attorney General William Barr, and other federal officials, alleging they violated protesters' constitutional rights.[14] General Mark A. Milley, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, later apologized for his role in the photo op

just one more reason why the doofus potus lost the election

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
I think the Mayor gets partial blame for not planning ahead, despite the warnings. The overlapping structures that they have in DC definitely didn't help either, there was crap coordination once things went south so the DC National Guard get partial blame as well.

There is a big difference between a Governor - or in the case of Washington DC, the Mayor - calling in the State National Guard

vs

the 10th Mountain Division getting spooled up to go quell a city via the Joint Chiefs.

I think I've effectively beat this horse into the ground.
Who wants to go back a few days and pull the squidlie post bitching about a few hundred national guard troops being called up to direct traffic and how nobody did that with AnTIfA? Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

• Haha
Reactions: afoaf