Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
The Big Lie/Lost Cause lives on.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
From Vanity Fair

"Trump, of course, has been laying into Pence for over a year now, though this is the first time he’s (publicly) appeared to suggest that perhaps his V.P. was in cahoots to deprive him of a second term, despite the fact that Pence…was on Trump’s 2020 ticket. In the run-up to January 6, the ex-president tried various tactics to convince Pence to stop Biden’s win from going through, from reportedly calling the evangelical Christian a “pussy” to threatening to end their friendship. Later, at the “Stop the Steal” rally that preceded the Capitol attack, Trump told the crowd, “I hope Mike is going to do the right thing. I hope so. I hope so,” and, “All Vice President Pence has to do is send it back to the states to recertify and we become president and you are the happiest people,” and “Mike Pence is going to have to come through for us, and if he doesn’t, that will be [a] sad day for our country because you’re sworn to uphold our Constitution,” and finally, “Mike Pence, I hope you’re going to stand up for the good of our Constitution and for the good of our country. And if you’re not, I’m going to be very disappointed in you. I will tell you right now. I’m not hearing good stories.” In case it was unclear exactly what Trump wanted out of the guy."

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
From Vanity Fair

"Trump, of course, has been laying into Pence for over a year now, though this is the first time he’s (publicly) appeared to suggest that perhaps his V.P. was in cahoots to deprive him of a second term, despite the fact that Pence…was on Trump’s 2020 ticket. In the run-up to January 6, the ex-president tried various tactics to convince Pence to stop Biden’s win from going through, from reportedly calling the evangelical Christian a “pussy” to threatening to end their friendship. Later, at the “Stop the Steal” rally that preceded the Capitol attack, Trump told the crowd, “I hope Mike is going to do the right thing. I hope so. I hope so,” and, “All Vice President Pence has to do is send it back to the states to recertify and we become president and you are the happiest people,” and “Mike Pence is going to have to come through for us, and if he doesn’t, that will be [a] sad day for our country because you’re sworn to uphold our Constitution,” and finally, “Mike Pence, I hope you’re going to stand up for the good of our Constitution and for the good of our country. And if you’re not, I’m going to be very disappointed in you. I will tell you right now. I’m not hearing good stories.” In case it was unclear exactly what Trump wanted out of the guy."
HE WAS JUST JOKING!!

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca
I remember when people would say stuff like “You just hate Trump so you think everything he does is bad.” and now they seem pretty silent about his very f*cking serious pursuit to abuse his powers to have DOJ and/or DoD seize voting equipment.

Yes, we hated him because we told you he would put himself above his duty to country. Every time.

Republicans had two chances at removing him but liked the wins and the donor money pouring in too much to do anything about it.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
I remember when people would say stuff like “You just hate Trump so you think everything he does is bad.” and now they seem pretty silent about his very f*cking serious pursuit to abuse his powers to have DOJ and/or DoD seize voting equipment.

Yes, we hated him because we told you he would put himself above his duty to country. Every time.

Republicans had two chances at removing him but liked the wins and the donor money pouring in too much to do anything about it.
And yet I won’t be surprised if he’s elected again in 2024

• Sad
Reactions: afoaf

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006

Fear of getting primaried is huge, too. Yuge!