*** Official Right wingers storm US Capitol Building Thread ***

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
So, Rolling Stone beat every other media outlet to the story that GOP members of Congress planned the violent takeover of the Capitol with Trump, Don Jr., Rudy and Bannon from a War Room at the Willard Hotel?? This is what the left is going with?

Wasn't Rolling Stone the same publication the published, subsequently retracted, and paid tens of millions of dollars in damages over the A Rape on Campus article?

Rolling Stone should just stick with spreading bullshit like Prince is the greatest guitar player in history, or the Beatles being the greatest band ever.
you should make another thread about it

• Love
Reactions: hal9000

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
If you recall in the days following 1/6 it was reported that Boebert and MGT gave “tours“ of the capital to some of the insurrectionists. Boebert was also tweeting out support and directions live on the fly including the location of Nancy Pelosi if I’m not mistaken. Why would it come as a surprise that these yahoos helped plan this?

Reactions: afoaf

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Who's better than the Beatles?

I mean, I'm sick of their songs but . . .

The easiest two I can think of is Queen and Led Zeppelin. I think Radiohead and Velvet Underground are both far and away better as are the Stones. Tom Petty's Damn the Torpedoes is a better album than any of the dogshit doo wop garbage the Beatles put out. That said I would pay whatever it cost to see Paul McCartney play live at Hyde park. The Beatles began and ended with him. Without McCartney they would have been The Beach Boys.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
The easiest two I can think of is Queen and Led Zeppelin. I think Radiohead and Velvet Underground are both far and away better as are the Stones. Tom Petty's Damn the Torpedoes is a better album than any of the dogshit doo wop garbage the Beatles put out. That said I would pay whatever it cost to see Paul McCartney play live at Hyde park. The Beatles began and ended with him. Without McCartney they would have been The Beach Boys.
All those bands would cite the Beatles as the source of modern pop music.

Zep is my favorite too.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Shockingly enough, Doug’s taste in music doesn’t suck that bad.

Reactions: Aruka

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
All those bands would cite the Beatles as the source of modern pop music.

Zep is my favorite too.
Music isn't really a contest and any band that doesn't admit that they are drawing influence from the past and present are full of sh!t. The Beatles were hit makers for sure but I think the complexity of there music is way oversold as are their musical talents which individually are/were mediocre. I can admit they changed the game as far as production goes. George Martin was a game changer......but doesn't that just make them a boy band?

Zep...how does one band get to have the 4 best artists at the same time. You can throw on any Zeppelin album today and listen to it from beginning to end and just sit there with you imagination running wild. I really feel they are without equal.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
seriously doesn't get much greater than this pairing.

Ronnie is such an amazing talent too, he one of those pure minimalist tones
Best thing about Charlie Watts was he didn't need to showcase his talents. If you compare him to like Ginger Baker of Cream...who is awesome in his own right...Charlie played a small kit and stayed in the pocket but you still heard him him and the genius level talent.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Robert Plant's lyrics are quite often extremely bad

I had a bunch of LZ on my playlist during my last hike and realized that most of his stuff is just really bad sex metaphor that seems totally outdated by the standards of today's wet ass pussies

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Best thing about Charlie Watts was he didn't need to showcase his talents. If you compare him to like Ginger Baker of Cream...who is awesome in his own right...Charlie played a small kit and stayed in the pocket but you still heard him him and the genius level talent.
He was the opposite of all the things I love about most rock drummers. Typically I’m all about the raw power and aggression of rock drumming, like Bonham. Watts was the opposite. Cool, collected, style for days, and it completely worked for him, without breaking a sweat.

• Love

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
He also played the same Gretsch kit for decades, took his own personal kit out on the road with him, and didn't have a kit at home.

He used to joke that his wife wouldn't let him keep a kit at home so if he wanted to play he'd have to go on tour.

He was of my favorite drummers ever. I pretty much ripped off his style in any band I've ever been in.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Why do you hate Tolkien so much?
Ho Tom Bombadil is lyrically stronger than half the Zeppelin catalog and even the ones that reference Hobbit/LOTR he gets it wrong.

Nobody met hot chicks in Mordor, ever, and The Ring wasn't found there either so hot chick = ring is a shitty analogy.

Also The Ocean is the first Rock/Rap fusion song.