*** OFFICIAL RELIGION THREAD ***

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Surfing is my number one belief system.

Aside from that, on land, I'm a practicing member of a Zen offshoot of The Dao called IDGAF.

I DON'T GIVE A FAAK.

and you? Who do you worship?

It is what It is;
You are what you It.
There are no mistakes!

• Love
Reactions: manbearpig

potato-nator

Phil Edwards status
Nov 10, 2015
Uke Washington, a quite-large ego Philly news anchor, has said that gun violence
is "Gods Will."

With friends like him......

Reactions: $kully

SrPato

Miki Dora status
Jul 12, 2005
San Buena Ventura
My brother in law was married in the "Church of the naked surf". Ever since, I've been a card holding member. The only rules are: Be nice, pickup trash every time you leave the beach or wilderness, surf every chance you have, and be naked. I'm down with it.

Jonahbrah

Nep status
Sep 20, 2019
BMore
If hell isn't real then why do people get so offended when you tell them that's where they are heading?

Hhhmmmmm

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
1 Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich. Napoleon Bonaparte

2 The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself. Richard Burton

3 When the missionaries came to Africa they had the Bible and we had the land. They said 'Let us pray.' We closed our eyes. When we opened them we had the Bible and they had the land. Desmond Tutu

4 Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. Lucius Annaeus Seneca

5 When I do good I feel good, when I do bad I feel bad, and that's my religion. Abraham Lincoln

6 The more you complain the longer God lets you live. Bertrand Russell

7 Man is a Religious Animal. He is the only Religious Animal. He is the only animal that has the True Religion--several of them. He is the only animal that loves his neighbor as himself and cuts his throat if his theology isn't straight. He has made a graveyard of the globe in trying his honest best to smooth his brother's path to happiness and heaven....The higher animals have no religion. And we are told that they are going to be left out in the Hereafter. I wonder why? It seems questionable taste. Mark Twain

8 However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? Buddha

9 No man ever believes that the Bible means what it says: He is always convinced that it says what he means. George Bernard Shaw

10 The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. George Bernard Shaw

12 I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. Galileo Galilei

13 An Inuit hunter asked the local missionary priest: If I did not know about God and sin, would I go to hell? No, said the priest, not if you did not know. Then why, asked the Inuit earnestly, did you tell me? Annie Dillard

14 Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me ... that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love. Butch Hancock (nee Malarcus)