*** OFFICIAL RELIGION THREAD ***

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
i was told that the bible was a compilation of stories, gathered together by drunken sheepherders. then it was translated, re translated, taken over by kings and others in power, re worded and rewritten again, only now to be reinterpreted by those who chose to use it to make money. f_uck that sh!t.
(told to me by a brother timothy, at the church of the nativity, in bethlehem. i was 10.
so, satan, god, jesus, all that crock, are nothing but opiates for the masses. autoprax ought to be very into it based on that alone.

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
Father, Son and the Holy Spirit.

Father is the universe, basically everything, (that include nothingness... for you Zen masters), infinite, eternal, beyond comprehension yet right here before our eyes. Yeah, so, like, everything. And you could just as easily call the father the mother, since everything includes everything.

Son is the incarnation, our personhood. We ALL experience life through the vehicle of this personhood.

Holy Spirit is what happens when we realize OUR personhood is not all there is. When you identify yourself as part of everything. That awareness engenders compassion, empathy and understanding. The golden rule.
sounds hokey, do religidiots even comprehend their own drivel :barf:

Reactions: Retropete

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
There are some stocked religious people on this forum :shameonyou:
This could turn into a shitshow + IMO this should be in the politics area

• Haha
Reactions: LifeOnMars

ZZ Soft Top

Nep status
Sep 22, 2013
Manta Sonica
Human beings seem to have an innate desire for some type of religious belief experience in their life. When they move away from traditional/conventional religions, it often tends to be replaced by political ideologies (wokism, Trumpism), Crossfit, comic book movies, New Age woo woo stuff, their intellects, etc.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
sounds hokey, do religidiots even comprehend their own drivel :barf:
I wouldn't call myself religious. Can you tell me one part of this interpretation of life that doesn't hold up to lived experience?

I also have a unshakeable, undeniable belief in life after death. Like, after we die, life goes on. We see it every day. Someone dies, yet here we are. So I believe we should work, not for some reward in heaven, 40 virigins or whatever, but for the good of folks here on earth ( or in your case, Mars). Whether we as a person/soul continue on after we shuffle off this mortal coil, that's where I'm left with a big question mark. ???

Have a good one, everybody.

Reactions: Chocki

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
I wouldn't call myself religious. Can you tell me one part of this interpretation of life that doesn't hold up to lived experience?

I also have a unshakeable, undeniable belief in life after death. Like, after we die, life goes on. We see it every day. Someone dies, yet here we are. So I believe we should work, not for some reward in heaven, 40 virigins or whatever, but for the good of folks here on earth ( or in your case, Mars). Whether we as a person/soul continue on after we shuffle off this mortal coil, that's where I'm left with a big question mark. ???

Have a good one, everybody.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
so, satan, god, jesus, all that crock, are nothing but opiates for the masses. autoprax ought to be very into it based on that alone.
Opiates are opiates for the masses

I rarely do them anymore.

I can get one good high and then I have to to take a 3 month break.

I find it interesting how I'm hard wired not to get addicted given that opiates are framed as being so addictive.

I'm still down to star in my reality show where I do addictive drugs for a month to see if I can get addicted.

Hit up your connections.

In season 2, lets do cocaine.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Forget religion, here's another thing that will melt your faces:

I was explaining the importance of tradition to my wife last night but I should've just showed her this clip.